Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings ........
2nd time shelby owner, 1st was 66 GT350, and boy do I regret selling that one! (yrs ago)
this time its a GT500 -2008- with few upgrades.
BMR springs, koni shocks and struts, whiteline rear susp parts,
-14 rear rotors.
and....... gen3- 2.9 whipple KIT,
mcLeod dual disc clutch,
LFP dual fan/ dual pass heat exchanger.
smog legal it made 675 rwhp,
then retuned for not so smog legal .LOL
getting used to it , and enjoying the massive torque, .

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,235 Posts
greetings ........
2nd time shelby owner, 1st was 66 GT350, and boy do I regret selling that one! (yrs ago)
this time its a GT500 -2008- with few upgrades.
BMR springs, koni shocks and struts, whiteline rear susp parts,
-14 rear rotors.
and....... gen3- 2.9 whipple KIT,
mcLeod dual disc clutch,
LFP dual fan/ dual pass heat exchanger.
smog legal it made 675 rwhp,
then retuned for not so smog legal .LOL
getting used to it , and enjoying the massive torque, .
Welcome to the forum and thanks for introducing yourself. We’d love to see pics of your Whippled beast! You can use the 1st or 4th icons in your reply window to upload pics directly to the forum.

We encourage everyone to put their first names in their signatures to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum and thanks for introducing yourself. We’d love to see pics of your Whippled beast! You can use the 1st or 4th icons in your reply window to upload pics directly to the forum.

We encourage everyone to put their first names in their signatures to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.
here in AZ, its supposed to be warm, but I'n sitting here with sweatshirt on, the garage has 57 chevy, and 72 buick GSX clone, I'm still shy, so will stick with slyoldone

Attachments

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,235 Posts
Love the old/new muscle combo pic... very cool! Thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
5,375 Posts
Welcome aboard! Any congrats on your 2nd Shelby. Don't let that beauty get away! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SUPPOSED TO GET SNOW ??? next day or so, did some one piss off mother nature?
this is AZ, no heat in the garage, so its "no mans land" lol.
wanted to shorten the bump stops, or replace with shorter ones, but temps are to low for old folks.
not sure how you "back east" guys deal with these temps,
whole lot tougher than me!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,235 Posts
SUPPOSED TO GET SNOW ??? next day or so, did some one piss off mother nature?
this is AZ, no heat in the garage, so its "no mans land" lol.
wanted to shorten the bump stops, or replace with shorter ones, but temps are to low for old folks.
not sure how you "back east" guys deal with these temps,
whole lot tougher than me!
I run a little electric heater in my house 3-car garage when the temp drops. It keeps it from getting down to freezing temps.

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,786 Posts
I run a little electric heater in my house 3-car garage when the temp drops. It keeps it from getting down to freezing temps.
I think he means further East Tim. ?
My garage is fully insulated, including door, but no climate control. In the harsh tundra like winters here in DFW my garage rarely dips below 60.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,235 Posts
I think he means further East Tim. ?
My garage is fully insulated, including door, but no climate control. In the harsh tundra like winters here in DFW my garage rarely dips below 60.
Yes,I know... my 3-car garage is insulated too (including the doors). When we get freezing temps, I run the little electric heater to keep the garage from dipping into freezing temps. I do the same with my stand-alone workshop. This is mainly to keep the liquids stored in both places from freezing. The side benefit is getting into a vehicle that isn’t freezing in the morning.

It doesn’t get that cold here too often, but it does happen. We’ve had some nights get into the teens here. Having said that, it was 75 degrees on Christmas yesterday!

Reactions: Evil_E
1 - 10 of 10 Posts