Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 GT500
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys! I just bought a 2008 with 10k miles. No mods other than Ford Racing KR style mufflers. I noticed an oil smell coming from the engine compartment. The tube that runs from the driver side valve cover to the intake is wet with oil where it bolts to the valve cover. It is slightly wet as well on the valve cover as well. Any idea why this is happening and is there a fix for it? This is my first GT500 so I don't know much about them and the problems they may have. Thanks in advance guys.
John.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
30,848 Posts
Hello guys! I just bought a 2008 with 10k miles. No mods other than Ford Racing KR style mufflers. I noticed an oil smell coming from the engine compartment. The tube that runs from the driver side valve cover to the intake is wet with oil where it bolts to the valve cover. It is slightly wet as well on the valve cover as well. Any idea why this is happening and is there a fix for it? This is my first GT500 so I don't know much about them and the problems they may have. Thanks in advance guys.
John.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first GT500! Post a picture of your engine bay so we can help spot anomalies.

These cars get a lot of “blow-by oil.” An oil catch can on the passenger side is highly recommended.

If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Premium Member
2012/2013 Hybrid
7,157 Posts
Post pictures of the oil soaked area too. Make sure you don't have an oil filled separator on the passenger side as well. The side you are seeing an oil leak is typically the inlet for the crankcase, not the outlet.

·
Registered
2008 GT500
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car is in storage. I'll get better engine bay pics next time I'm up there. The red circle is where it's wet with oil.

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
976 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts