Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and appreciate all the info here. I was wondering if these cars have a problem with oil getting into the intake due to boost in the pcv system. I had a Harley F150 that did. Lightnings had those problems, and I think that terminators did too. The pcv system on the GT500 seems more complex. Some guys used to use an oil separator. Has anyone heard of the problem? Thanks, Don

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I had ordered an oil seperator from Steeda before I received my Shelby. Upon delivery of my car I realized I would need two seperators and did not want to splice the hoses to the intake as the fittings on these are unique and the replacement hose would be tough to adapt. When I installed my JLT CAI I noticed no oil residue on the throttle body, but then I only have 1,300 miles on the car. I decided to leave well enough alone but just my opinion. I ended up giving the seperator to my son for his Subaru STI.

·
Registered
45 Posts
NRG maked inexpensive high qualigt blow-by gas filters to remove oil from your I/C lines. Check them out online.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts