Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 500GT was picked up yesterday with 5700 miles on it now. The owner was far from a hot roder but a collector. He says the oil was changed 1000 miles ago. which was about a year and a half ago. I do not doubt him as he was miticulous in explaining every little thing about the car, good and bad. The dipstick shows it to be 1/4 to 1/3 of a quart low on oil. This is concerning to me. I have no way of knowing the level immediately after the oil change so it may have been slightly under full at that time already. It does not smoke, has no leaks etc. Maybe I am to much of a perfectionist but fret about things like this. I have a 2006 GT that uses a quart of oil per 5000 miles which I am not happy about either. What is your experience regarding this issue?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,325 Posts
My 2008 500GT was picked up yesterday with 5700 miles on it now. The owner was far from a hot roder but a collector. He says the oil was changed 1000 miles ago. which was about a year and a half ago. I do not doubt him as he was miticulous in explaining every little thing about the car, good and bad. The dipstick shows it to be 1/4 to 1/3 of a quart low on oil. This is concerning to me. I have no way of knowing the level immediately after the oil change so it may have been slightly under full at that time already. It does not smoke, has no leaks etc. Maybe I am to much of a perfectionist but fret about things like this. I have a 2006 GT that uses a quart of oil per 5000 miles which I am not happy about either. What is your experience regarding this issue?
I’m sure your 5700 mile motor does not burn oil. It most likely has the same amount of oil that was put in at the last change. If I were you, I’d do an oil change with 6.5 quarts of fresh oil and check it once in awhile.

On a similar subject, if you don’t have an oil catch can on your passenger side PCV system, I recommend you get one.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
I have no way of knowing the level immediately after the oil change so it may have been slightly under full at that time already. It does not smoke, has no leaks etc
When I do an oil change, I like to be in the middle of the "Safe" I don't fill to the top line.

As Tim say,
Do an oil change & that will remove the questions you have about the level, I would highly doubt you have an oil eater :)

Congrats of the low mile GT500 score.

Colin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts