Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week before the Woodward Dream Cruise (August) I was with Mr Farmdog and some other members of SU.Well we were cruising down Woodward while John and his niece were video taping all of our Shelbys.I broke my tires loose shifting from 1st to 2nd and got a ticket for careless driving(4 points),ouch:(
Well I went to court yesterday with my lawyer and Mr policeman was there,nooooooo:( Well my lawyer talked to the prosecuting attorney and the cop while I sat on the bench.Finally after waiting about 20 minutes the cop came out,walked by me,smiled(oh no) and nodded at me:confused: .A couple of minutes later my lawyer came out took me downstairs where you pay your tickets and said "you got the best deal possible","Wow" (and all the bad things I thought about that cop).My lawyer said I was very courteous and respectful and the cop would give me a break.So It cost me $115,no points no record no ticket.I guess that cop wasn't so bad after all.Thank you Sir.:cool: What a nice day:D

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Way to go 07. Not to mention the fact you hired an attorney also was a factor.;)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Nice! Lawyers aren't all bad. 4 points to 0 points is worth just about any legal fees you may have had to pay.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
It's always a good thing to be curteous and respectful. Most of the time you may only get a warning.:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Good thing the cop was not a "BOW TIE" guy.......Good job '07

·
Registered
168 Posts
Maybe Old Imp can add another column to the "Forum Members that have received 2007 Shelby" thread and label it Traffic Violations (Y/N). :eek:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Maybe Old Imp can add another column to the "Forum Members that have received 2007 Shelby" thread and label it Traffic Violations (Y/N). :eek:
D'OH! :D

·
Registered
888 Posts
I like that, but I think I would be just asking for trouble!

·
Registered
861 Posts
I drive 10-11mph over the speed limit every where I go and I do over 100,000 miles a year! (truck driver) So my rate of recieving tickets is a lot greater then most. It is usually not feesible for me to go to what ever city and state to fight the ticket:

I usually call an attorney in the town where the court house is and have him appear in court for me. Then he will have it knocked down to a none moving violation with no points. It usually cost me 200-400 for the lawyer plus court cost and fines!

TO ANYONE THAT EVER RECIEVES A TRAFFIC TICKET.............

FIGHT IT!!!!!!!!!

every ticket I have ever fought I have been sucessful getting it reduced!

note: you have a better chance of getting it reduced with an attorney. Some judges take offense to people that try to beat a ticket with out and attoney. If you do go buy yourself, you have to make your deal with the prosecuting attorney (the guy you have to check in with and let him know that you are there) before you go in front of the judge.

The reason it is so easy to get it reduced: The court still gets there money and they usually have a lot more things to worry about. And they don't want a traffic ticket to go to trial (complete waste of time and money). It is just easier to reduce it (you are happy) and then put a small fine on it(they are happy).

JJ

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I drive 10-11mph over the speed limit every where I go and I do over 100,000 miles a year! (truck driver) So my rate of recieving tickets is a lot greater then most. It is usually not feesible for me to go to what ever city and state to fight the ticket:

I usually call an attorney in the town where the court house is and have him appear in court for me. Then he will have it knocked down to a none moving violation with no points. It usually cost me 200-400 for the lawyer plus court cost and fines!

TO ANYONE THAT EVER RECIEVES A TRAFFIC TICKET.............

FIGHT IT!!!!!!!!!

every ticket I have ever fought I have been sucessful getting it reduced!

note: you have a better chance of getting it reduced with an attorney. Some judges take offense to people that try to beat a ticket with out and attoney. If you do go buy yourself, you have to make your deal with the prosecuting attorney (the guy you have to check in with and let him know that you are there) before you go in front of the judge.

The reason it is so easy to get it reduced: The court still gets there money and they usually have a lot more things to worry about. And they don't want a traffic ticket to go to trial (complete waste of time and money). It is just easier to reduce it (you are happy) and then put a small fine on it(they are happy).

JJ

You are absolutely correct.I feel fortunate for what I got.:D

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Sounds like a plan Smitty!!!!!!!:D

Nice work Fred.....................:cool: Mr Cool!!!!!!!!!!! New Handle?????????

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great info for thsose that can afford it! The ticket being reduced was not nessecarily due to the attny., but the guy who got stopped good attitude and maybe it was his 1st offense as well. Funny how you say what you did about always gettign them reduced. Every time?? Thats pure BS info folks, so dont by it. What alot of the truck drivers do is get more than one drivers license and use them all in diff. places to beat the tickets as he is right, they drive a lot of miles. Funny that in 34 years of law enforcement, I never lost a ticket in court, and cant ever recall anyone coming in with an attny. unless it was a serious ticket of some sorts.(not including reckless , DUI and such, just speeding)Try driving properly and follow the sped limit and if you got to speed, pick the right spot. And most all of us out making this place a bit safer could care less when it goes to court if you get fined a $1 or $100 as we dont get paid by the head count.A bad attitude will get you written up, a good attitude wont hurt and might gte you a warning or reduced speed citation. " I usually drive 10 or 11 mph over" Well thats real bright too. Great info for all the others out here, Thanks for nothing.

·
Registered
131 Posts
After reading the posts, I am definetly going to attend the local "Cops & Burgers Show-n-Shine" this year and start my PR campaign. You never know!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Never heard of that one? Is it real or are you just kidding? All I can tell you is cops are people too! And I for one enjoy cars and horse power, and going fast. just have to pick the time and place, but remember if you play you might pay!!:)

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
" I usually drive 10 or 11 mph over" Well thats real bright too. Great info for all the others out here, Thanks for nothing.
I was thinking the same thing and that if he would slow down just a few mph he would get a lot fewer tickets.

Here in GA traffic cops are required by law to allow 9 mph over the posted limit (with a few exceptions) and violations under 15mph don't go on your driving record. When traveling I normally set the cruise control at 8mph over and haven't been stopped. If in a real big hurry I'll bump it on up to 13mph over so that if I get a ticket it won't show up on my record.

I do have a very nice RADAR detector but always remind myself that it's not infallible. I am however amazed at how many speed cops ride around with their RADAR units broadcasting and I do appreciate the advanced notice. :pimp:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I passed a brown truck with a camper shell that was dogging it in the fast lane on a 2 lane divided highway last week. I looked in my rear view mirror after I passed him and noticed the search light on the A pillar. I thought to myself "I hope that's a ******* and not a cop". Then the blue lights inside the cab came on.

Sigh...

Long story short, he let me go with a warning because I was polite, and because I had no prior tickets or points. He did say that I'm in the county system as having received a warning and next time I won't be so lucky.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Never heard of that one? Is it real or are you just kidding? All I can tell you is cops are people too! And I for one enjoy cars and horse power, and going fast. just have to pick the time and place, but remember if you play you might pay!!:)
It's for real, local show on May 23rd in Reno, NV for anyone interested.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts