Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2020 GT500 Shadow Black
53 Posts
Congratulations!
I do not mean to add fuel to the fire, but check the car for rock chips and other paint damage when you get it back. I had a bad experience the time I took my car in...
40+ miles of "test driving" exceeding 90mph (GPS tracker) for a 27minutes of quoted work on my invoice. New rock chips and belt buckle scratches on the top of the fenders right where they meet the hood...

· Registered
2022 GT500, Oxofrd White with Kona Blue
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Update: No Update. Its been 2 weeks now and I still don't have word on when she'll come home. Trying to be patient, again cause I want this to be done right, but I wrote a rather large check for the purchase and can't help to think that if the leak was discovered before the dealership had a buyer it would have been fixed within a day or two. And because I'm a bit of a paranoid, each day I check my FordPass app to see if it has put on any extra miles (vxSKINNYxv - I'm with you!) but it appears its just sitting there. And I'm wondering if they have actually done anything at all with the car (why am I still able to refresh that signal. Wouldn't they disconnect the battery if they were disassembling/reassembling the timing cover and if it was a two day job I would have gotten a "Cannot Connect" or similar message once?). I'm 50/50 on calling them and riding them daily vs just waiting to see how long it takes for someone to figure out they still have my car and should probably make it a priority. 2 weeks gone from my Sirius trial, 2 weeks gone from my WTY's, 2 weeks of unnecessary spent Insurance premium, Probably 8 days of lost opportunity to drive her (I live in CO after all and it is winter). Sigh......

· Super Moderator
8,164 Posts
Update: No Update. Its been 2 weeks now and I still don't have word on when she'll come home. Trying to be patient, again cause I want this to be done right, but I wrote a rather large check for the purchase and can't help to think that if the leak was discovered before the dealership had a buyer it would have been fixed within a day or two. And because I'm a bit of a paranoid, each day I check my FordPass app to see if it has put on any extra miles (vxSKINNYxv - I'm with you!) but it appears its just sitting there. And I'm wondering if they have actually done anything at all with the car (why am I still able to refresh that signal. Wouldn't they disconnect the battery if they were disassembling/reassembling the timing cover and if it was a two day job I would have gotten a "Cannot Connect" or similar message once?). I'm 50/50 on calling them and riding them daily vs just waiting to see how long it takes for someone to figure out they still have my car and should probably make it a priority. 2 weeks gone from my Sirius trial, 2 weeks gone from my WTY's, 2 weeks of unnecessary spent Insurance premium, Probably 8 days of lost opportunity to drive her (I live in CO after all and it is winter). Sigh......
I would absolutely be calling and let them know that I expect daily updates from someone. Most service departments have 2 managers the floor guy and the GM. Talk to them both and let them know it’s unacceptable that you haven’t received any updates.

· Registered
2020 Twister Orange GT500
2,007 Posts
Not trying to add salt to the wound, but that's a large chunk of change you just dropped for this car. You have every right to check in whenever you want, as often as you want. Personally, I would drop in unannounced occasionally with the "Hey, I just happened to be in the area." excuse. If they're not already involved, meet with the service dept. manager so they know you. Not to side step the service advisor, but just to get everyone in the loop.

I had multiple issues with a brand new SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokee I bought years ago. I literally had that thing in the shop once a month for something. My service advisor could not have been cooler to deal with. The service manager....total a-hole. It got so bad, I eventually e-mailed the owner of the dealership. I explained all of the problems I'd had with the car, and that basically it had been in their shop longer than it had been in my garage. I even jokingly suggested they make on of my car payments. He called me personally and had the service mgr and body shop mgr meet me at their main dealership to address all of my concerns (I bought the car at one of their satellite dealerships in another town). He even had a check waiting for me to cover one of my payments. And the service mgr I had previously been working with, somehow lost his job. This matter was evidently the tipping point for them to cut bait with him due to lack of performance.

· Super Moderator
8,164 Posts
Not trying to add salt to the wound, but that's a large chunk of change you just dropped for this car. You have every right to check in whenever you want, as often as you want. Personally, I would drop in unannounced occasionally with the "Hey, I just happened to be in the area." excuse. If they're not already involved, meet with the service dept. manager so they know you. Not to side step the service advisor, but just to get everyone in the loop.

I had multiple issues with a brand new SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokee I bought years ago. I literally had that thing in the shop once a month for something. My service advisor could not have been cooler to deal with. The service manager....total a-hole. It got so bad, I eventually e-mailed the owner of the dealership. I explained all of the problems I'd had with the car, and that basically it had been in their shop longer than it had been in my garage. I even jokingly suggested they make on of my car payments. He called me personally and had the service mgr and body shop mgr meet me at their main dealership to address all of my concerns (I bought the car at one of their satellite dealerships in another town). He even had a check waiting for me to cover one of my payments. And the service mgr I had previously been working with, somehow lost his job. This matter was evidently the tipping point for them to cut bait with him due to lack of performance.
Awesome except the buying a Stelantis product 😂 part.

• Haha
Reactions: cyoung9799

· Registered
2020 Twister Orange GT500
2,007 Posts
Awesome except the buying a Stelantis product 😂 part.
In the past I've owned 2 Wranglers, 1 Gladiator, and that SRT8 Grand Cherokee. For being nothing but plastic and metal boxes, the Wranglers and Gladiators would not die. The Grand Cherokee was a beast with the 392 hemi and AWD. But it was cosmetic issues with fender flares and bumper cover retaining brackets that kept failing and parts coming loose. It eventually escalated to issues with the ignition system and suspension. That's the only car the finance committee (my wife) actually told me to trade. Traded it in on my '13 GT500, and the rest is history.

· Registered
2022 GT500, Oxofrd White with Kona Blue
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

Yeah...... I'm being too passive on this one. The salt has already been added - When I brought it back due to the new oil stain on my garage floor only 24 hours after I drove it off the Dealership lot I went straight to my sales guy and the Sales GM to let them know of the issue and they engaged the Service Manager directly. I'm honestly not sure if I got a Service Advisor. So the updates I was getting (last one was 8 days ago) was from my salesman. All the right folks SHOULD be involved. I'll need to do a surprise visit today.

The irony of it is starting at noon ish today we have arctic air moving in so we'll have highs only in the teens for the next 3-4 days so she'd just be sitting in a garage anyway - but at least I would know everything is OK with her and she's in MY garage.

· Super Moderator
8,164 Posts
Yeah...... I'm being too passive on this one. The salt has already been added - When I brought it back due to the new oil stain on my garage floor only 24 hours after I drove it off the Dealership lot I went straight to my sales guy and the Sales GM to let them know of the issue and they engaged the Service Manager directly. I'm honestly not sure if I got a Service Advisor. So the updates I was getting (last one was 8 days ago) was from my salesman. All the right folks SHOULD be involved. I'll need to do a surprise visit today.

The irony of it is starting at noon ish today we have arctic air moving in so we'll have highs only in the teens for the next 3-4 days so she'd just be sitting in a garage anyway - but at least I would know everything is OK with her and she's in MY garage.
If it’s under shelter at the dealer. I’ve seen them parked outside at several dealers in AZ.

• Angry
Reactions: JBarbee
21 - 28 of 28 Posts