Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
2022 GT500, Oxofrd White with Kona Blue
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Technically speaking, still don't have possession of my new addition. I did, but that was for only 24 hours before I discovered oil on my garage floor and she had to go back to the dealership to fix oil "seeping" from the timing chain cover. Due to Supply chain issues, it took almost a week to get a new gasket and the tech that works on their specialized cars is out first part of next week so I should get her back next weekend (ish). Frustrating becuase I have the patience of an 8 year old the night before Xmas, but the dealership is being pretty cool and we both just want this done right.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

· Premium Member
2022 Shelby GT500 HE 5.2L Supercharged V8 TREMEC 7-Speed Dual Clutch TORSEN Differential 3.73 axel
175 Posts
Technically speaking, still don't have possession of my new addition. I did, but that was for only 24 hours before I discovered oil on my garage floor and she had to go back to the dealership to fix oil "seeping" from the timing chain cover. Due to Supply chain issues, it took almost a week to get a new gasket and the tech that works on their specialized cars is out first part of next week so I should get her back next weekend (ish). Frustrating becuase I have the patience of an 8 year old the night before Xmas, but the dealership is being pretty cool and we both just want this done right. View attachment 261202
Welcome aboard this great forum! Congratulations on acquiring a great car that is max fun to drive and care for.

· Super Moderator
8,555 Posts
Welcome Aboard sorry to hear about the issue on day 1. Very frustrating but once you have it back it’s all sunshine and burnouts from there!

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly (click your upper right avatar to get there)(You’ll need to save this as well) Let us know if you have any forum questions.

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
3,183 Posts
Welcome to the forum, congrats on your new GT500, sorry to hear about your issues, like Chris said above you'll enjoy it its all smiles for miles, enjoy those WOT Pulls 🙏

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome Aboard sorry to hear about the issue on day 1. Very frustrating but once you have it back it’s all sunshine and burnouts from there!

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly (click your upper right avatar to get there)(You’ll need to save this as well) Let us know if you have any forum questions.
Will do. Still figuring all this out (Its Josh)

· Registered
2022 GT500 Heritage Edition
183 Posts
Technically speaking, still don't have possession of my new addition. I did, but that was for only 24 hours before I discovered oil on my garage floor and she had to go back to the dealership to fix oil "seeping" from the timing chain cover. Due to Supply chain issues, it took almost a week to get a new gasket and the tech that works on their specialized cars is out first part of next week so I should get her back next weekend (ish). Frustrating becuase I have the patience of an 8 year old the night before Xmas, but the dealership is being pretty cool and we both just want this done right. View attachment 261202
Brand new car leaking or did it have lots of miles on it?

· Premium Member
2022 DMG CFTP
261 Posts
@JBarbee Nice ride, welcome! FYI: At least five 2022s on this forum have had oil leaks out of the cam covers, including me. I obviously don’t know the background behind this oil leak but I’d bet it’s the cam cover. There are several threads on the forum about it. Any more info you can share on how the dealer determined it was the timing chain cover? The cam covers sit on top of the head and the timing chain cover.

Either way, good luck on getting it taken care of. You’ll love the car.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@JBarbee Nice ride, welcome! FYI: At least five 2022s on this forum have had oil leaks out of the cam covers, including me. I obviously don’t know the background behind this oil leak but I’d bet it’s the cam cover. There are several threads on the forum about it. Any more info you can share on how the dealer determined it was the timing chain cover? The cam covers sit on top of the head and the timing chain cover.

Either way, good luck on getting it taken care of. You’ll love the car.
Thanks Cole. To this point I'm relying 100% on what the dealer is telling me (all I saw was oil on my garage floor and driveway). They said its the timing chain cover so thats what I have to go with.

Thanks for the well wishes. Simply looking forward to drive it like I should be allowed to!

· Premium Member
2022 DMG CFTP
261 Posts
Thanks Cole. To this point I'm relying 100% on what the dealer is telling me (all I saw was oil on my garage floor and driveway). They said its the timing chain cover so thats what I have to go with.

Thanks for the well wishes. Simply looking forward to drive it like I should be allowed to!
Gotcha. Just wanted to give a different perspective as the timing chain cover isn’t a simple fix nor something that I’ve seen discussed on the forum.

Several of us are pretty gunshy about letting dealers work on these cars but if you are comfortable with yours you should be just fine.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gotcha. Just wanted to give a different perspective as the timing chain cover isn’t a simple fix nor something that I’ve seen discussed on the forum.

Several of us are pretty gunshy about letting dealers work on these cars but if you are comfortable with yours you should be just fine.
Well............ its not about being comfortable at this point. Its about the Odometer reading 62 miles (per my FordPass app). So quietly I'm very much with you but trying to leverage the bumper-to-bumper before I have to even think about taking care of stuff myself.

· Premium Member
2022 DMG CFTP
261 Posts
Well............ its not about being comfortable at this point. Its about the Odometer reading 62 miles (per my FordPass app). So quietly I'm very much with you but trying to leverage the bumper-to-bumper before I have to even think about taking care of stuff myself.
Completely get it. Tough spot to be in but it’ll be worth it. Such a fun car to drive. Get it out on the track when you get an opportunity!

· Registered
2021 GT500 Black
608 Posts
Welcome Josh and congratulations on the Shelby, looks awesome! Sucks on the repair and hopefully it will be fixed in short order so you can enjoy it!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts