Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Shelby GT350
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In my GT350, the non-recaro seats are heated and cooled, but not up the back. They are also only leather on the sides... Is this the same in the GT500? I’m hoping they are all leather and heated / cooled through the seat and back.

I know... I’m old and need comfort!

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
Yep.

Ever since someone at Ford first heard about Alcantara, you never know where it’s going to pop up, whether or not it’s going to be considered a premium material or what else they’re going to take away to use it.

It seems to get the best seats with the nicest material and most features, buyers need to upgrade from a GT500 to a 401A. 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts
I happen to like the Alcantara center sections of the Recaros... very soft and form fitting. I didn’t realize how different they were compared to my 2011 leather seats until I drove them back-to-back. My 2011 seats felt like sitting on a park bench in comparison.

I am a leather interior fan, but Alcantara is nice shiz!

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFHP
52 Posts
I agonized over which seats to order with my ‘21 CFHP. Recaros are so cool looking and functional for road course, well worth the $1,595 extra, especially compared to the $1,000 for the CF dash. Factory seats are nice with big stitched Cobras, heated/cooled which I always use, fine for drag strip. I sat in Recaros and they’re comfortable but definitely snug where I could imagine long trips feeling long. So I went for best of both getting factory seats and heated/cooled hardware/controls installed, then plan to buy a set of Recaros to swap in for road course days with proper harnesses.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2014 GT500 PP
532 Posts
Alcantara holds you in place with spirited driving. Leather is slick. All leather on a Recaro doesn't follow function. That is for looks.

Tom

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFHP
52 Posts
Didn’t expect to find a set so soon before even getting the car but here they are. Nice having both options now. Owner removed after 500 miles for lighter race seats making dedicated drag car, not from wreck which btw is a shame when seat airbags deploy, yes surviving is better. Anyone know what these seat skins go for?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
Didn’t expect to find a set so soon before even getting the car but here they are. Nice having both options now. Owner removed after 500 miles for lighter race seats making dedicated drag car, not from wreck which btw is a shame when seat airbags deploy, yes surviving is better. Anyone know what these seat skins go for?

View attachment 211932
Congrats on the score! I’ve only seen a couple sets for sale and they’ve had big price tags. I would buy a second set to store away if I came across a decently priced set.

Reactions: 4petesnake

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFHP
52 Posts
Congrats on the score! I’ve only seen a couple sets for sale and they’ve had big price tags. I would buy a second set to store away if I came across a decently priced set.
Thanks really happy it worked out. Did some checking with my dealer parts guy, based on what one would cost adding up the many part no’s involved it was a no brainer.

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
517 Posts
In my GT350, the non-recaro seats are heated and cooled, but not up the back. They are also only leather on the sides... Is this the same in the GT500? I’m hoping they are all leather and heated / cooled through the seat and back.

I know... I’m old and need comfort!
The GT500 comfort seats are heated and cooled up the back as well --- I appreciate the lumbar heat when my backs aching -- and they are all leather.

·
Registered
2018 Shelby GT350
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The GT500 comfort seats are heated and cooled up the back as well --- I appreciate the lumbar heat when my backs aching -- and they are all leather.
Thank you so much! I have been searching for this answer!!!

Reactions: DKnight

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Thank you so much! I have been searching for this answer!!!
They aren't equal -- there's more on the seat than the back (or at least I notice it more on the seat) -- but it's definitely there.
I really like the comfort seats...

·
Registered
54 Posts
correct me if im wrong but the base seats are pretty supportive as well. they are almost like a recaro in a raptor maybe a little bit more snug on the legs if im not mistaken. i am curious as to what the weight difference is. An athletic built guy or larger person would really feel snug in the quads which might not be as comfortable for daily driving. Ive only sat in both seats for a few moments and when i order mine this will be one of the items i will be struggling to decide what to do. That and that tech package. hard to pay 3,000 for an averge B&O audio system and nav. does anything else come with the tech package? i have my own audio equipment i can throw in and it would sound amazing.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base RR
319 Posts
correct me if im wrong but the base seats are pretty supportive as well. they are almost like a recaro in a raptor maybe a little bit more snug on the legs if im not mistaken. i am curious as to what the weight difference is. An athletic built guy or larger person would really feel snug in the quads which might not be as comfortable for daily driving. Ive only sat in both seats for a few moments and when i order mine this will be one of the items i will be struggling to decide what to do. That and that tech package. hard to pay 3,000 for an averge B&O audio system and nav. does anything else come with the tech package? i have my own audio equipment i can throw in and it would sound amazing.
I’m 6’1 260 and had a chance to sit in the recaros, all around too small for me. The car was a trade on with 300 miles, the owner actually had two GT500’s, the other had standard seats and he kept that one.

lots of debate about the recaros, but it is a love hate thing. I personally wanted to order a CFTP, those seats were a deal breaker for me.

·
Premium Member
2012/2013 Hybrid
7,351 Posts
Damn, those thigh bolsters are high. Way higher than the Recaros in my 2012.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I find the comfort seats very supportive --- much more so than the seats in my '13 GT, but without feeling like I'm in a butt-vice.
I'm not the slender person I used to be, and I was never to be called thin, and my wife is larger --- Recaro's for me were never an option.

But -- I don't track the car... I probably will at some point, but I don't plan on making a habit of it.. I think Tim mentioned there was a huge difference in the Recaro's vs the comfort seats when you started pushing corners.

As for the tech package --- it also gives you the Blind Spot detection and BLIS mirror indicators (but you lose the small mirrors) and I think the Cobra emblem puddle lamps, heated mirrors, and the power memory drivers seat.

-edit- oh and cross-traffic alert

I'm a bit surprised that it didn't add backup sensors.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 L2717
22 Posts
You get this!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
Yes! The base seats will feel supportive until you attack your first corner. These cars are capable of serious g’s in the corners and I find myself bracing against the door/center console as well as the steering wheel while on the track. This is why I’m going the roll bar/harness route.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Tim. Love to see the results once you install the rollbar harness. I agree during a little "spirited" driving the car will spit you out the window unless they are up.... I should try velcro on my ars. I might consider it if the ingress/egress isn't too hindered. Even then.....

Reactions: DKnight and Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
I should try velcro on my ars. I might consider it if the ingress/egress isn't too hindered. Even then.....
🤣 Funny Brad!

I’ll have a video up of the install before too long. I’m waiting on a call back about the harness... there is a bit of an issue with the roll bar. I have a solution in mind, but I want to chat with them when they are open tomorrow first.

Reactions: DKnight

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agonized over which seats to order with my ‘21 CFHP. Recaros are so cool looking and functional for road course, well worth the $1,595 extra, especially compared to the $1,000 for the CF dash. Factory seats are nice with big stitched Cobras, heated/cooled which I always use, fine for drag strip. I sat in Recaros and they’re comfortable but definitely snug where I could imagine long trips feeling long. So I went for best of both getting factory seats and heated/cooled hardware/controls installed, then plan to buy a set of Recaros to swap in for road course days with proper harnesses.
if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for the recaros after the fact? i was thinking of ordering recaros With the car and then adding base seats After for daily driving. i figured that buying the base seats after the fact would be cheaper then the recaro but i dont know what either of them cost after the fact

1 - 20 of 35 Posts