Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Shelby GT500 oxford white vinyl top stripe and side stripe handling package technology package
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide if I want to mount the tender in the car ( Engine compartment )or run the wire and bundle it up somewhere And just plug it in and out the wall. If anybody out there has any good ideas please help
Product Gadget Audio equipment Font Technology

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
9,176 Posts
I have mine screwed into the wall and I have a 12' SAE quick disconnect cable and a short quick disconnect tied into the fuse box and a frame ground that tucks out of the way when not being charged. No clamps to mess with. This in my 2012. I plan on installing the quick disconnect in the 2021, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

Here's a cropped picture from one of my warehouse cameras. I've got it mounted at eye level. Makes it easier to see the various displays. I have a few hooks on that board, that keeps wires off the floor.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts
I wired a pigtail to the battery.
This is what I’ll do eventually once I get my garage cleared of toys or buy another house if the market tanks enough.

·
Registered
2022 Shelby GT500 oxford white vinyl top stripe and side stripe handling package technology package
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you guys that's what I did I had a 10 foot pigtail +5 feet with the
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel
charger

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,873 Posts
Permanent battery leads here as well.

Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle
Hood Finger Vehicle Motor vehicle Gas
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive fuel system Vehicle Automotive design
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Trunk

Reactions: Kagey and AZ21GT500

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base Rapid Red
186 Posts
I used the chassis ground instead of the negative battery terminal.
Same here, I used the chassis for the negative. Some say going straight to the battery will mess with the BMS - battery management system - but no one here has had any issues doing so.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
1,042 Posts
Same here, I used the chassis for the negative. Some say going straight to the battery will mess with the BMS - battery management system - but no one here has had any issues doing so.
It can if the battery is drained a decent amount, and the maintainer recharges it more than a few percent. If you charge through the batt negative instead of chassis ground, it bypasses the current monitoring hall effect sensor so the BMS doesn’t know the true state of charge and can give false low batt messages. It just triggers the deep sleep mode prematurely and disables Fordpass access till you restart the car, though. If it’s just maintaining an already charged batt, it doesn’t have any negative effects since you’re only talking about milliamps.

It’s best to just connect the maintainer ground to the chassis, though.

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts
Reactions: HVCalTech
1 - 18 of 18 Posts