Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at EBAY this week and found a post for a GT500 which included the comment below. This is a FORD dealer (Claremont Ford) stating there will be no shelby in 2009! Anyone else hearing this?

'2008 SHELBY GT500 COUPE LIMITED PRODUCTION WITH WHITE STRIPE. SHAKER 1000 SOUND SYSTEM. 500 HORSEPOWER. FORD WILL NOT MAKE THE SHELBY IN 2009.'

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I was looking at EBAY this week and found a post for a GT500 which included the comment below. This is a FORD dealer (Claremont Ford) stating there will be no shelby in 2009! Anyone else hearing this?

'2008 SHELBY GT500 COUPE LIMITED PRODUCTION WITH WHITE STRIPE. SHAKER 1000 SOUND SYSTEM. 500 HORSEPOWER. FORD WILL NOT MAKE THE SHELBY IN 2009.'
Yes there will be a 2009 Shelby GT 500.He's blowing smoke and trying to get as much money for his Shelby as possible.;)

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
How about 2010 and beyond. This product line has contributed significantly to Ford's bottom line and they will not turn their backs on this any time soon. As has been said before, looking for an investment? Well then look else where. Seize and enjoy the moment for what it is. A MUSCLE CAR and not a windfall. Mod it, race it, drive it, save all the stock parts if thats what floats your boat, but in the end there will be plenty to go around. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
As Mr. Shelby said himself, they will keep building them until they are no longer profitable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts