Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

No Reverse, All other gears perfect

2007 - 2014 
3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  gaduff 
#1 ·
2008 GT500 47k miles, No reverse gear, had some grinding going on and then randomly backed out of my driveway (no issues or grinding then) drove about 5 miles, sat in a parking lot for about 15 minutes. And I haven’t had reverse since. Acts like it’s not even there. No engagement no clunk. Can leave it in reverse and get out of the car. Praying it’s not a synchro however starting to look like it judging by other forums I’ve seen. Any other thoughts or confirmation of the fear?

Discussion starter · #12 ·
It sounds like the solenoid is working, then. Does it actually go in reverse? Or is it just letting the shifter go in the reverse position? Try putting it in reverse with the key on and the engine off. Then push the clutch in, start the car, and see if it will actually move in reverse.
No dice there. There’s no indication at all that it’s grabbing reverse unfortunately

Discussion starter · #17 ·
There is no external linkage to examine, the TR6060 only has one link and all else is internal, is this correct?

R
Unfortunately correct, the linkage is internal inside the transmission, therefore I’m gonna take apart mine to see the failure as I’ve found out from my friends Viper that this a common issue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.