Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
07 SHELBY and I have compared our SVT Engine Niche Plates to find that one of the mechanics worked on both of our engines. How about everyone post the names on their Shelby's Niche Plate on this thread so we can see who built whose engines. One of mine was hard to read, do the best you can!

My Niche Plate:

Gary Smith and J. Donovan

I found out on the Romeo trip that the J. stands for Jim! Both of my guys had retired before we got there!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I would if I had my $%#&* Shelby.

(Sorry, I guess I feel a need to whine at least once in every thread. I'll go sit in the corner now :eek: )

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Gary Smith,Doug Campbell and Rpretzel(He's the whiney apprentice).

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
My Niche Plates:

Mel Darrington
Paul Weis (not sure on the last name as it was hard to read)

Aldy

·
Registered
45 Posts
Gary Smith,Doug Campbell and Rpretzel(He's the whiney apprentice).
Greetings all! You guys got me to thinking with this thread so I checked the engines on my Snakes. Doug Campbell was one of the builders of my '98 Cobra's engine! 9 years later and still turning wrenches on the Romeo Line, pretty cool!:cool:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Larry Niahiou? & Mel Darrington

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, we aren't getting much support on my thread here! What's up with that? I sure would like to get a better feel for how the teams are put together! Here are the reported teams so far:

Gary Smith & J. Donovan
Gary Smith & Doug Campbell
Mel Darrington & Paul Weis
Larry Niahiou & Mel Darrington

Spelling could be off on a couple of those.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was looking at 07 SHELBY's thread about the Romeo trip and he mentioned that there were only 8 niche mechanics, so we have all but two names I guess.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just looked at mine and it's signed by what looks like Ronald Anderson and Stephen Fae. Could these be the missing 2?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks, 2008Shelby! Here is the updated list:

Gary Smith & J. Donovan
Gary Smith & Doug Campbell
Mel Darrington & Paul Weis
Larry Niahiou & Mel Darrington
Ronald Anderson & Stephen Foe
Robert Straten, Jr. & Jeremy Comer

If anyone has a different combination of these names or different names or spellings, please post them.

Thanks, GT500Convert!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I took some time to look at the plate on my car and I got the same team as GT500Convert, Robert Straten JR and Jeremy Comer.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mine looks like Gary Smith and Doug Deemer.....but it must be Doug Campbell....but it sure looks like Deemer.....

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I would if I had my $%#&* Shelby.

(Sorry, I guess I feel a need to whine at least once in every thread. I'll go sit in the corner now :eek: )
Now Now Mr Pres.......................... Be nice. But how the _)*(&(%^$%&^(% can you stay calm with that wait. YOU'RE ALLOWED TO VENT.........:eek:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine kinda looks like

Gary Marstan and Jeff Hamblin

And I want to thank them sooooo much....they built a rocket.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Mine kinda looks like

Gary Marstan and Jeff Hamblin

And I want to thank them sooooo much....they built a rocket.
Sounds as though there has been a turnover at Romeo for the Way Forward.:( What does this mean for Romeo in the Spring and meeting with the builders of our motors. 07 maybe you can let know who is still working at the plant and who has taken the early out.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Sounds as though there has been a turnover at Romeo for the Way Forward.:( What does this mean for Romeo in the Spring and meeting with the builders of our motors. 07 maybe you can let know who is still working at the plant and who has taken the early out.

I never thought of it but I will.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts