Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, right now the GT500 is my daily. I said when I got to 25k, I would get something else to drive. Well, that is rapidly approaching, so I wanted to get opinions. I'm thinking of an SVT Contour. One of my exes had one, and it was truly a pleasant car to drive. Would love to hear what other cars you guys have enjoyed driving.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
10,074 Posts
I had a 2000 SVT Contour, bought new, and it was a nice little car. Subsequently gave it to my daughter with 17K on it and she drove it until she sold it last year. It gave her little trouble and was reliable. Recently traded in my 1996 SHO for the cash for clunkers, it was not a clunker!, but couldn't pass up the trade-in money. Bought a 2010 Fusion SE with the four banger and six speed manual. Great car with adaquate pick-up and much improved gas milage. Ford hit a home run with this car and its reasonably priced. My GT500 is very jealous!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have a 2002 Grand Prix GTP. Its supercharged and handles great on a winding road, and very comfortable. Gets close to thirty mpg, if you're not into the boost too much. Unfortunately, the motor just blew on me at 100,000. Still love the car though as a daily driver.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Try a VW GTI. I drove one the last 2 yars and loved it. Turbocharged, 200HP (and a stage 1 ECU tune from APR adds another 50HP), very nimble and tons of fun to drive. The DSG transmission (computer controlled dual clutch manual) is amazingly nice, and the car is a rocket when the transmission is in Sport mode.

I was getting ~ 30 mpg on my daily commute.

The MkVI GTI will be out this fall, give them a look.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My choices...

2008 GT500
2006 300cSRT8
2002 Prowler

Makes everyday decision day!
Tough life :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I DD a toyota Tacoma and really like it. It is incredibly smooth for a 4x4, has a shockingly short turn radius and its a truck so I have some flexibility. Downsides is mileage, only gets 17ish mpg. We also have an Sti which a lot of Cobra guys think would be a nice DD, but I don't like driving it daily. Road noise and ride where you out. My wife loves it though, she commutes 40+ miles a day in it.

I think a new ford fusion hybrid would rock as a DD with the GT500 in the garage.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses guys. I'm gonna have to go out and play one of these days :).

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have a 2004 F-350 that I used to drive up until I got my 08 gt500. I took the mustang back to school so at the moment its my every day driver and my truck sits at home....everyone will make fun of me but I miss my truck. I want to keep the mustang as a weekend car and use my truck as everyday transportation.

You can do everything/anything with a truck...except get good mpg.

·
Registered
537 Posts
depends on how much money you want to pay.

best daily driver i would say e46 m3 (2002-2006) or any bmw 3-series from 2000-2006

fun cars, look good, handle great.

I traded my 2000 3 series for my gt500.

I live in florida so i don't worry about snow/ice so whatever is best for your enviorment.

·
Registered
867 Posts
My vote..

Ford GT.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Ford Escape Hybrid. We have an 09 Limited with everything on it. 35k sticker. Got it at X-Plan for about 31k.

34mpg in town. 30 on the highway. Comfortable. Enough room for my scuba crap. The nav/sync system is the sh!t.

Oh....2WD and I never had an issue last winter, even here in the tundra.

bj

1 - 13 of 13 Posts