Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500
456 Posts
Were these the ones I’ve seen for $20 on Amazon? If so, looks like a quality piece!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,367 Posts
Nic mod!

I went with Bemaro on all my vinyl flare.

·
Registered
2021 GT500
456 Posts
Nic mod!

I went with Bemaro on all my vinyl flare.
These are abs plastic cutouts. I’ve seen them Amazon, considered them, but I saw the cutout of the “B” looked odd and was worried it wouldn’t fit. Looks like it fits perfectly.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
269 Posts
Very cool, my vinyl decals are finally starting to come off after a year. Found these in white so will give them a try.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
269 Posts
Not sure what the deal is but for the life of me these would not stick on mine - I followed the instructions to the t: cleaned for a solid 5 minutes with isopropyl alcohol, warmed up both the adhesive and the splitter with a hair dryer etc. Ugh. I had an extra set of Zimcraft letters so I just put those on and they stuck fine. Who knows!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,367 Posts
Not sure what the deal is but for the life of me these would not stick on mine - I followed the instructions to the t: cleaned for a solid 5 minutes with isopropyl alcohol, warmed up both the adhesive and the splitter with a hair dryer etc. Ugh. I had an extra set of Zimcraft letters so I just put those on and they stuck fine. Who knows!
Mine are still sticking strong. I used rubbing alcohol and then put ceramic over top. I avoid blasting them directly with water when washing. They have survived high speed runs, track days and multiple washes.

You could always use a small brush and brush adhesion promoter into the letter recesses before sticking on another set. They will definitely adhere, but a residue might be left if you ever remove them.

Reactions: SnakeCollector

·
Registered
2020 GT500
269 Posts
Mine are still sticking strong. I used rubbing alcohol and then put ceramic over top. I avoid blasting them directly with water when washing. They have survived high speed runs, track days and multiple washes.

You could always use a small brush and brush adhesion promoter into the letter recesses before sticking on another set. They will definitely adhere, but a residue might be left if you ever remove them.
Yep, it's odd that the Amazon ones wouldn't stick at all yet the Zimcraft ones were fine. The first set of Zimcraft lettering I had on the car I didn't put on very carefully so I'm actually kind of surprised I got a full year out of them with washing the car etc. :)

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,257 Posts
If you're using vinyl and don't want the vinyl to come off easily, you can use this to make sure it sticks. I've used these on my splitter inserts and the side vents on the GT350.

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Registered
2020 GT500
269 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,257 Posts
Very cool, does it leave any residue behind?
I honestly have no idea as I haven't peeled them back off after the fact. I wouldn't be shocked if it did, but I don't have any plans of ever running it without the inserts so that wasn't a concern for me.

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
5,673 Posts
If you're using vinyl and don't want the vinyl to come off easily, you can use this to make sure it sticks. I've used these on my splitter inserts and the side vents on the GT350.

That's cool, Kyle. I haven't seen that before. Thanks for sharing!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts