Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So getting closer and closer to getting this car to exactly what my father always wanted it to be.. Getting down to the little things that need to be updated and changed to make it a complete package to minimize weak links..

Installed:
  • McLeod RXT
  • Eibach Pro springs
  • Baer 14" Drilled/slotted rotors on all 4 corners
  • Ceramic/CF brake pads
  • FR500S axle back
  • Wheels/rubber
  • Cosmetics (tail lights, 3rd light, side markers, emblems, etc.)
Installing this week:
  • Full BMR suspension (everything but subframes)
  • Koni adjustable Yellows
  • 1 7/8 ARH LT's, catted x, ceramic coated
  • C&R Super Comp H/E with fans
  • Lethal Intercooler pump upgrade kit (55gpm Meziere)
  • ATI Harmonic Balancer with Kinetic stud kit
  • CF driveshaft
  • 3.73 gears
On order:
  • 2.8LC Kenne Bell kit
  • KB Dual BAP
  • ID 1050s
  • Powder coated J2 Extreme alternator w/ Big3 kit
Pretty sure that's everything.. Anything I overlooked??

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kit tunes, ( KB, Whipple, Roush ) tend to be on the conservative side, most don't come with a storage unit, just a thought..
Forgot to add that in, it’s going to have a custom tune once the blower gets here.. It’s a 5-6 month wait on the KB’s so once it gets shipped, we were going to decide on a tuner..

One thing I've been thinking about is addressing blow by.. I'm not sure what the tolerances of these motors are and at how much cylinder pressure blowby becomes an issue with these cars..

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,418 Posts
Forgot to add that in, it’s going to have a custom tune once the blower gets here.. It’s a 5-6 month wait on the KB’s so once it gets shipped, we were going to decide on a tuner..

One thing I've been thinking about is addressing blow by.. I'm not sure what the tolerances of these motors are and at how much cylinder pressure blowby becomes an issue with these cars..
Nice list! Definitely add an oil catch can if you don’t have one.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 CTFP Rapid Red with Painted on Absolute Black Stripes, Tech Pack in Trim Shop!
15 Posts
May want to consider a Boost-A -Pump or Upgraded fuel pumps. Depending on tuning you will be reaching the edge of what stock fuel pumps can supply imo.

·
Registered
2007 Black with Tungsten Gray Stripes, 2.8 KB, 3” pulley too many mods too list.
16 Posts
Who makes a nice piece for catch cans? Anyone make vacuum pumps for these cars?
JBL makes a good one, definitely the right side. They look factory. I got the left one too more for cosmetics

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
41,418 Posts
Who makes a nice piece for catch cans? Anyone make vacuum pumps for these cars?
Yes to the above. JBL (formerly JLT) makes a catch can that works well on the 07-14.

·
Registered
2007 Black with Tungsten Gray Stripes, 2.8 KB, 3” pulley too many mods too list.
16 Posts
Yes to the above. JBL (formerly JLT) makes a catch can that works well on the 07-14.
[/QUOT
Meant JLT, must have had speakers on the mind. Didn’t know they changed names

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
41,418 Posts
Meant JLT, must have had speakers on the mind. Didn’t know they changed names
JLT sold to another company that’s called something else now… something like JBL.

·
Premium Member
2013 Black/Matte - SVTP, SVTPP, Technology Pack, Recaros, Shaker 1000 - VMP Stage 4
121 Posts
So getting closer and closer to getting this car to exactly what my father always wanted it to be.. Getting down to the little things that need to be updated and changed to make it a complete package to minimize weak links..

Installed:
  • McLeod RXT
  • Eibach Pro springs
  • Baer 14" Drilled/slotted rotors on all 4 corners
  • Ceramic/CF brake pads
  • FR500S axle back
  • Wheels/rubber
  • Cosmetics (tail lights, 3rd light, side markers, emblems, etc.)
Installing this week:
  • Full BMR suspension (everything but subframes)
  • Koni adjustable Yellows
  • 1 7/8 ARH LT's, catted x, ceramic coated
  • C&R Super Comp H/E with fans
  • Lethal Intercooler pump upgrade kit (55gpm Meziere)
  • ATI Harmonic Balancer with Kinetic stud kit
  • CF driveshaft
  • 3.73 gears
On order:
  • 2.8LC Kenne Bell kit
  • KB Dual BAP
  • ID 1050s
  • Powder coated J2 Extreme alternator w/ Big3 kit
Pretty sure that's everything.. Anything I overlooked??
Might want to take another look at the flow rate of that Intercooler pump but while under boost. If I'm not mistaken, it flows worse than the stock 13/14 Bosch unit when under boost (which also corresponds to an exponential increase in heat).

Catmonkey can correct me if I'm wrong as he is the subject matter expert on this.

Reactions: Growler73

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Might want to take another look at the flow rate of that Intercooler pump but while under boost. If I'm not mistaken, it flows worse than the stock 13/14 Bosch unit when under boost (which also corresponds to an exponential increase in heat).

Catmonkey can correct me if I'm wrong as he is the subject matter expert on this.
You're right, I should've looked into that pump more ----> It's a brushed pump.. Used Meziere for water pumps before and they were always brushless.. Using a brushed motor never entered my mind with the Meziere name on it, especially one being used on the Super Cobra Jets... Unfortunately, it's already been dropped off and being put on the car today.. Color me displeased...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts