Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys... My name is Greg, and I just bought a 08 GT 500 today. It's got some problems, and I'm gonna need some help...probably a lot of technical...and maybe some mental..lol..
Anyway...I'm kinda shy, and I'm an old pushrod guy...I always wanted a SOHC FE and have never been able to afford one so I figured the 5.4L was the next best thing...I haven't dove into it yet, but the symptoms are no compression on the left bank...all cylinders on the left side...I have never worked on one of these, but I have general knowledge...I was thinking maybe a timing chain failure... i find it hard to believe it could completely blow out the head gasket between all the cylinders..?? I would greatly appreciate any advice I could get from you guys out there with experience...???
Thanks

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,682 Posts
Welcome to the site, congrats & good luck with the 08.
I'm sure someone with an 08 will be able to help you out, lots of smart people here..

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,352 Posts
Hi Guys... My name is Greg, and I just bought a 08 GT 500 today. It's got some problems, and I'm gonna need some help...probably a lot of technical...and maybe some mental..lol..
Anyway...I'm kinda shy, and I'm an old pushrod guy...I always wanted a SOHC FE and have never been able to afford one so I figured the 5.4L was the next best thing...I haven't dove into it yet, but the symptoms are no compression on the left bank...all cylinders on the left side...I have never worked on one of these, but I have general knowledge...I was thinking maybe a timing chain failure... i find it hard to believe it could completely blow out the head gasket between all the cylinders..?? I would greatly appreciate any advice I could get from you guys out there with experience...???
Thanks
Welcome to the forum Greg! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. You can use the rectangle or paper clip icons to post pictures on the forum. We’d love to see your Shelby! Also, we encourage everyone to put their name in their signature to make this place more friendly. You can do that by clicking on your upper right avatar/account settings/signature. Holler if you have any forum questions.

Good luck with your 08! You’ll get more help if you start a thread here with your issues/questions:

·
Registered
2009 gt500 vmp gen3, 2020 gt500 magnetic, 1970 mach1 408 stroked, 1997 cobra awesome
130 Posts
Welcome! A camera in the spark plug holes would help a lot unfortunately if the timing chain has gone some valves will have made contact with you saying Teheran whole side has no compression that would lead me to believe you got some bent up valves stuck open. Not the end of the world! A machine shop can clean you up for relatively cheap depending on your location. It could be other things but your description leads me to believe you may have sheared a cam jetway or a cam bolt loosened up. I’ve raced tons of mod motors and have seen about anything just. Read threads keep us informed and someone will do the best they can with what they have to work with. You’ll love it when she’s resurrected

1 - 4 of 4 Posts