Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Newbie Intro

All 
1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  TedShred 
#1 ·
i have been on the forum for about a month or so but have not formally introduced myself. My name is Ken and I live in Cocoa Beach Florida. I am most likely the oldest in on the the forum at 78 and have been a car junkie all my life. I have owned many a car, mostly muscle cars and quite a few Corvettes. I dragged race a 57 Chevy in my younger days and held the D Stock record at my local drag strip. I also raced a 57 Corvette in B Modified. When I move to Florida about 10 years ago I drove a lot of common cars. A few months ago I decided life was too short to drive boring cars. I had the chance to purchase a 2010 that only had 4,000 miles on the clock... Happy days are back again. Here's a Pic

See less See more
#2 ·
Car looks awesome and living in Florida you have the joy of driving much more often. I am 60 and have been car crazy since 8 years old, its what keeps us young! I loved my 2014 GT500, sold it after two years and now waiting to get the new 2020 GT500. Welcome to the forum, you will learn a bunch here, enjoy. Tom

#4 ·
Great intro @ksilvers! Welcome!

Beautiful 2010!

Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

#6 ·
i have been on the forum for about a month or so but have not formally introduced myself. My name is Ken and I live in Cocoa Beach Florida. I am most likely the oldest in on the the forum at 78 and have been a car junkie all my life. I have owned many a car, mostly muscle cars and quite a few Corvettes. I dragged race a 57 Chevy in my younger days and held the D Stock record at my local drag strip. I also raced a 57 Corvette in B Modified. When I move to Florida about 10 years ago I drove a lot of common cars. A few months ago I decided life was too short to drive boring cars. I had the chance to purchase a 2010 that only had 4,000 miles on the clock... Happy days are back again. Here's a Pic

View attachment 194969
I don't know that we have an age database, but you're not a whole lot older than some of us. Now go out there and "burn some cookies". :ROFLMAO:

#9 ·
Funny John! ?

#10 ·
Welcome Ken! I like the Retired Pirate note in your sig. Good find on the 2010.
There are lots of older folks driving cool cars... My dad is 86 and drives a 2008 Z06.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.