Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my stock 08 GT500 to the dealer a few days ago to install a new windshield (hit by a rock) and have its first oil change (2500 miles, 1 year old). Now it has a new noise. When in neutral with the clutch out the shifter has a slight rattle, pushing the shifter to the left or right will stop the noise, putting into gear or depressing the clutch also makes it go away. I have never heard this before. My first thought was "what did they do to my car?" But I remember reading post here about "gear roll over noise". Does it sound like that is what I am hearing or is it something else?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Sounds like rollover, normal

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
How did the windshield replacement go? Unfortunately I need to replace mine too after an asteroid took it out, but at least it missed the hood and roof. My dealer is telling me they don't replace glass at the dealer. Strange...
Frisco

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the windshield install went pretty well. The dealer i took it to did not do the work themselves but contracted it out to a close by auto glass company that they use. The dealer lined it up and billed it out. The total was $386 installed. They put a small rip in the rubber seal at the bottom of the windshield. When i pointed it out to the service rep he offered to replace it. I decided not to have them replace it, figured they would probably do more damage than good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts