Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but no stranger to mustangs....I havent bought a new shelby, but have instructed in one....a little heavy through the turns, but they take off like a rocket ship on the straights, thats for sure! :D

I have a 93 cobra and 95 cobra convertible that I am planning to sell....then maybe I'll get myself a GT500 ;)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! for some reason, my sig wasnt posted....its working now though....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hope you're able to get a GT500 soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks! I was in the right places at the right times....the 93R and 95R are both career race cars, and the 00R I bought new for alot less than they were going for....

·
Registered
938 Posts
but no stranger to mustangs....I havent bought a new shelby, but have instructed in one....a little heavy through the turns, but they take off like a rocket ship on the straights, thats for sure! :D

I have a 93 cobra and 95 cobra convertible that I am planning to sell....then maybe I'll get myself a GT500 ;)
Good to have you aboard, you are right about being alittle heavy in the corners but they sure take off in the straights.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNGgoUrTIXY

·
Registered
75 Posts
thanks! I was in the right places at the right times....the 93R and 95R are both career race cars, and the 00R I bought new for alot less than they were going for....
If you need somebody to adopt, I'm your man.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Welcome and come aboard.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome! I particularly like your '66 Fairlane - my first car was a '66 Ford in that color (Emberglo). Hope you're able to get a GT500 soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Does the NJ mean New Jersey ?
yes it does....northeast corner of NJ....also spend time in upstate NY....looking forward to doing a few meets and cruises up there this spring, summer, and fall :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome! I particularly like your '66 Fairlane - my first car was a '66 Ford in that color (Emberglo). Hope you're able to get a GT500 soon.
thanks! the color looks great on that body style....that car is unbelievable with only 18,000 original miles....you cant beat a dry texas/new mexico car :cool:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
yes it does....northeast corner of NJ....also spend time in upstate NY....looking forward to doing a few meets and cruises up there this spring, summer, and fall :)
I'm in Fairfield county CT......part of the tri state area so we're close. I have only driven at Lime Rock once. It's a small track really good for the small cars not much room to let it unwind but good for learning the proper braking & cornering dynamics with my car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm in Fairfield county CT......part of the tri state area so we're close. I have only driven at Lime Rock once. It's a small track really good for the small cars not much room to let it unwind but good for learning the proper braking & cornering dynamics with my car.
I like LRP alot....you can get some pretty serious speed through no name and the downhill/main straight....

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I like LRP alot....you can get some pretty serious speed through no name and the downhill/main straight....
You have to have a lot of faith in the car's ability to corner at the base of the hill before the straight and also faith in the brakes at the end of the straight going into turn #1. That's where experence pays off big time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You have to have a lot of faith in the car's ability to corner at the base of the hill before the straight and also faith in the brakes at the end of the straight going into turn #1. That's where experence pays off big time.
absolutely....faith, experience, and a little bit of luck :D That's why they have that BIG runoff area at the end of the main straight :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts