Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm New to the sight and Shelby GT 500. Just got mine on 12/5/08. Its a 2008 White with black stripes, Love It.
I would like to see if anyone can let me know what are the best mods. Exhaust, Cold air, pulley, ect?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Well,

no simple answer to that one.

Many folk start with a CAI + tune +/- pulley. Better sounding mufflers also seem fairly popular. LCA/UCA upgrades also top the list.

TD

·
Registered
97 Posts
Go to Evoperform.com and Lethalperformance.com. Browse the staged builds.

Search here and this forum http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/

Performance wise, SCT + CAI + upper pulley is a basic mod. Expect mid-500 rwhp.

Headers do little unless you go Whipple.

Suspension = FRPP springs, various brands of upper and lower rear control arms or full FRPP kits. Lethal and Evo have kits too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help, I'm starting with Borola 11750's. Found them for $489. shipped hope thats a good price? Next will be a cold air, tune and pulley set up. would like to get around 600RWHP.

·
Registered
429 Posts
to get to 600 rwhp you will to do a stage3 pkg or so

·
Registered
47 Posts
The price for the Borla system looks good. Their website quotes for $1200. I am going with Bassani axel back due to the price of the Borla's being so high. Come spring, I am doing the CAI+tune combo...let me know how you install goes and your performance numbers once completed.
I am a little hesitant about the pulley install. It may invalidate the warranty!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts