Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since I’ve been on the forum, but my wife and I just relocated to Nashville. Car barely makes it on to the driveway, but I have to figure a way to smooth the transition from the steep driveway to the garage floor.

Any reputable shops in the area?

Attachments

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,458 Posts
Congrats on the move... Nashville is such a beautiful place!

Your car looks lowered. Do you need to put it back to stock ride height to help with the angles?

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,094 Posts
Welcome back, congrats on the move..

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

The car is on Ford Racing springs, I think that only dropped the car less than an inch. It looks lower than it usually sits because of the angle it is parked on the driveway, I think. I’m trying to get some steel plates to help bridge the transition.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,260 Posts
Wow, the rear looks a lot lower than just an inch drop, and I wouldn't think the angle on the driveway would cause that minimal gap in the rear. Do you have some heavy stuff loaded in the trunk for the move that you haven't taken out yet? My 2010 is lowered an inch all the way around, and the rear is not nearly as low as yours. Looks like you found a nice house. Congrats.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Yikes, that's the worst case scenario for the approach angle. The only thing you can do it to try and extend the curb out longer to keep the front end from dropping off as fast, but check with local laws about any permanent modification. Otherwise just use the maximum amount of angle you possibly can for that and hope for the best. I literally turned down houses while shopping due to driveway angles, I can pull just about anything into mine now thankfully.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,260 Posts
You know, looking at your driveway pic again I suspect you may have a challenge at the lower transition from the driveway to the garage too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts