Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its been over a week since I bought my 2014 and I still haven't seen it in person. Its 1300 mile journey was delayed due to bad weather. Scheduled to ship in enclosed trailer on the first. I really cant wait until it gets here. All I've seen is dealers photos, and here is one. What do you think?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well its been over a week since I bought my 2014 and I still haven't seen it in person. Its 1300 mile journey was delayed due to bad weather. Scheduled to ship in enclosed trailer on the first. I really cant wait until it gets here. All I've seen is dealers photos, and here is one. What do you think?

View attachment 216505

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,587 Posts
Congrats Scott! Is that a clear satin wrap or a black satin wrap? Does the car have a clean history?

Reactions: Dave

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, it actually looks like a honeycomb pattern in some of the pictures, not sure what exactly to call it. Has 6700 miles and is stock other than the wrap. Recaro seats, shaker pro, electronics package, performance package, track package, stripe delete.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts

View attachment 216505
As a fellow '14 owner that is fantastic! Does the car have a wrap on it? I have never laid eyes on a matte finish like that (stock), save for one being wrapped? Regardless it looks sinister, which is very cool...welcome to the Dark Side!

As you grow in to your potential mods, do not hesitate to look at wheels. Those are a pita to keep clean as well as your fingers will mangle while trying to get into the nooks and crannies. Some folks have had them ceramic coated allowing the dust to rinse off quickly.

If it is wrapped, do you know what you have underneath?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As a fellow '14 owner that is fantastic! Does the car have a wrap on it? I have never laid eyes on a matte finish like that (stock), save for one being wrapped? Regardless it looks sinister, which is very cool...welcome to the Dark Side!

As you grow in to your potential mods, do not hesitate to look at wheels. Those are a pita to keep clean as well as your fingers will mangle while trying to get into the nooks and crannies. Some folks have had them ceramic coated allowing the dust to rinse off quickly.

If it is wrapped, do you know what you have underneath?
Thanks, I hope it has nice shiny black paint underneath.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

View attachment 216505

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,587 Posts
Like a stealth bomber!

Reactions: Dave and SelfCo

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,357 Posts
Would like to know if that’s the Xpel Stealth as I’m pondering doing the same to mine. It’s time to replace the eight year old clear bra.

Reactions: SelfCo
1 - 16 of 16 Posts