Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500. Grabber Blue
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall, I am new to the Shelby game. Just purchased a 2013 GT500. I am looking for recommendations on exhausts. I really looking for a low rumble that is aggressive. I have been looking at Pypes but not sure if they make one for 2013.

any axle backs or Cat backs?

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
1,510 Posts
Hey yall, I am new to the Shelby game. Just purchased a 2013 GT500. I am looking for recommendations on exhausts. I really looking for a low rumble that is aggressive. I have been looking at Pypes but not sure if they make one for 2013.

Borla is what I have. Do not get the Pypes

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,572 Posts
I have the Ford Performance(Borla) on my 14 and am very happy with the sound.

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Premium Member
08 Shelby Gt500 / 05 Gt
17 Posts
I recommend Corsa. It is what I have On my 2008 and it sounds great. Not obnoxious or too loud while cruising and normal driving, but sounds mean when you step on it.

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,572 Posts
More aggressive than stock but not obnoxious. Just the right amount of popping on downshifts.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,412 Posts

Welcome to the forum! If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
41,412 Posts
I absolutely will once I get a chance.
Thanks! In the meantime:

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

·
Registered
2007 Black with Tungsten Gray Stripes, 2.8 KB, 3” pulley too many mods too list.
16 Posts
I have an 07 with Magnaflow, no drone and loud when you get on it

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
423 Posts
Ahhh another Shelby owner soon to be waking up at night peeking in on the Snake just to be sure it’s real. Living through part’s orders two weeks at a time… don’t worry it’s all worth it! Good luck welcome to the best GT500 site on the internet!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
41,412 Posts
By the way these cars are awesome
Hell yes they are!

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
8,767 Posts
Just a word of advice when asking about exhausts. 07-10 had 2.5" pipes. 11-12 have 2.75" pipes with a single outlet. 13-14s have 2.75" pipes and dual outlets. Know that a system made for an earlier model will be louder on each subsequent iteration. Something to keep in mind when you listen to recommendations on other models or if you watch sound clips on youtube. If your plans include long tubes and no cats, or even high flow cats, at present or in the future, the noise level goes up a lot without the factory cats. In most cases the OEM muffler will still be pretty loud without cats. Best case scenario is finding a car that has the system you have in mind and hear it in person. Most of these systems are stainless steel, so mistakes can get expensive. We all have different expectations of "loud" and "aggressive".

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
1,273 Posts
I went full Corsa. LTH, Xpipe, Extreme series. It's very loud over 2500ish rpms and over half throttle. Anything less and it's a nice growl. It never drones ever. The Xpipe does give some rasp, so if you don't want that, go h-pipe.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts