Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's not a new GT500 but I decided that since having a new son, and living up north in Canada that we were in desperate need of both a truck and 4 wheel drive.

If any of you have debated matching up your GT500s with a Raptor, i highly recommend it!! We are loving it!! Once car is out of the shop ill post some cool side by side pics!! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Love it. I have a 2011 super crew with kooks headers and magna flow exhaust, cold air and custom tune. Putting out 500+ hp. Love it and don't be afraid to "drive it" :roller:

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Hey Trevor couldn't agree more..... I bought a New Raptor in 2012 what a awesome truck. Then last month couldn't help myself, and bought a 2014 GT 500. I think the two complement each other perfectly. Ford definitely kicks everyone's A** with these two. Have fun!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looking good Trevor! Can't wait to see a video of the car with the new cams!!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Trev, before you screw with cams, call me!

Bj

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
sorry BJ, Mike's pretty much done with it....I hope :) lol! We had an issue with rings not sealing from when the bottom end went in (a local shop that I will never go to again) so I shipped the car back to mike to get her 100% for once lol

Thanks all! Love the Raptors forsure! But mines staying stock! I hope! :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Congrats on the Raptor acquisition! I too was looking for a 6.2 in a SCREW, and opted for the 2011 Lariat w/6.2. Raptor's are are very over-priced IMO. Kinda like buying a Lincoln badged F150.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I am on my second set of Shelby and Raptor. I had a 2010 Shelby that I traded last Aug for my 2012 Shelby. In Feb I traded a 2010 Raptor SCab on a 2012 Raptor Screw

·
Premium Member
11,062 Posts
You boys need to take a peek behind the curtain and discover the VMP TVS on the way. Our Raptor is champing at the bit, getting ready to rear his head and rock!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
162 Posts
Congrats! I had one of the early Raptors that still had the 5.4 in it. I needed more towing capacity at the time and sold it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Congrats! I had one of the early Raptors that still had the 5.4 in it. I needed more towing capacity at the time and sold it.
My 2010 had the 5.4 as well. IT was the main reason I wanted to trade for a 2012 with the 6.2, plus all the new toys

·
Registered
107 Posts
Trevor, I like your taste in trucks!

Today I ordered my 2014 Raptor Supercab, also in Blue Flame. I am not looking forward to the wait. Sounds like it will be at 3 months or more. I only had to wait 2 months for my GT500..

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Love it. I have a 2011 super crew with kooks headers and magna flow exhaust, cold air and custom tune. Putting out 500+ hp. Love it and don't be afraid to "drive it" :roller:
Post up the Dyno sheet...

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Congrats on the Raptor acquisition! I too was looking for a 6.2 in a SCREW, and opted for the 2011 Lariat w/6.2. Raptor's are are very over-priced IMO. Kinda like buying a Lincoln badged F150.
Huh...Have you looked underneath a Raptor?

How much do you think that FOX suspension is worth? That said, many Raptors are bought by punters that never take it offroad, which is a shame, as these are amazing, capable trucks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts