·
Premium Member
2008 Vista Blue with White Stripes
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
406 Posts
thanks for posting this. No lie, I've been searching for anyone that sold these since about a week after I bought my car.

Does anyone have any experience with this place?
I found it when I ran across this video. Looks pretty solid.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vista Blue with White Stripes
1,033 Posts
I'm about to pull the trigger on a wheel, so much appreciated for linking that above.

I am curious though...for most of you who've done this. Did you add the colored ring on the top part of the steering wheel to match the color of your car, or did you choose something else? And if so, what color did you go with?

I'm stuck between adding a red ring, which I see as something that looks very nice and pretty typical, verses going with a dark blue one that won't match my car's exterior, but will likely be reasonably to extremely close.

The other reason I'm stuck is because I still am not 100% if I'll add/or paint my calipers Vista Blue to match the car as well or make them red since I love the contrast it provides. Since there is NO other red on the car atm, the ring would definitely be different from anything else on the car, but I also see red as THE 'standard'. That being said, I totally get that the ring is used typically on race cars for a visual clue to the driver his front wheels are straight, and since I wont be racing anytime this century (other then possibly another 'spirited' run to the winery from Jeff City while chasing Mike 🤣 ) either color works and neither are important in the least.

Thanks for any thoughts or comments

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
406 Posts
My car is silver on black with black stripes. If I ordered one of these wheels it would either be a gray stripe to keep the monochrome look or red to add a tiny bit of color to the interior. If I had your car, it would likely be red or white.

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I did red brake calipers on my silver & black car so the little red stripe and stitching on the steering wheel made sense to me.
With your blue & white car I vote for a white stripe and stitching. I think a blue stripe would blend in with the rest of the steering wheel and would not be very noticeable.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts