Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was inspired by @Dave and his comments about a replacement steering wheel awhile back. (miss you Dave)
I went with the Leather & Alcantara wheel made by Accelatec from CJ Pony (but it appears to not be available anymore). Pretty simple swap and the thicker diameter feels good in my hands! Here’s the pics.
Before:
Vehicle Speedometer Wheel Motor vehicle Car

During:
Speedometer Steering part Tachometer Vehicle Gauge

Comparison:
Crankset Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

After:
Car Vehicle Wheel Speedometer Gear shift

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,143 Posts
Cool upgrade, too bad NLA.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,176 Posts
Was inspired by @Dave and his comments about a replacement steering wheel awhile back. (miss you Dave)
I went with the Leather & Alcantara wheel made by Accelatec from CJ Pony (but it appears to not be available anymore). Pretty simple swap and the thicker diameter feels good in my hands! Here’s the pics.
Before:
View attachment 222993
During:
View attachment 222994
Comparison:
View attachment 222995
After:
View attachment 222996
That is a great looking wheel! Nice mod Ted!

·
Premium Member
2020 gt500 Shadow Black
228 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Alloy Metallic Gt500
29 Posts
Before:
View attachment 222993
During:
View attachment 222994
Comparison:
View attachment 222995
After:
View attachment 222996
Looks great. Really wanted to reply with a “that’s what she said!!” to your last line but I’ll resist….😆

·
Premium Member
2014 Ruby Red Shelby GT500
459 Posts
They are available I believe through Amazon made by ikon

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks great. Really wanted to reply with a “that’s what she said!!” to your last line but I’ll resist….😆
Thanks!
Nice job of resisting…😂 I was expecting that comment from goose right away.

• Haha
Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
404 Posts
That looks great and modern!

Now where the hell can I get steering some new wheel buttons?????

:mad::mad::mad:(n)(n)(n)(n)

·
Registered
69 Posts
If CJ pony discontinued em that’s too bad… I remember a few years ago these are right under 300 bucks. These are awesome wheels, had one on my 13’ GT.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vista Blue with White Stripes
1,031 Posts
I've wanted one of these BADLY since dave posted the pic of his last year and looked for quite some time to find someone selling them. Unfortunately, speaking to anyone with a 2007-2009 GT500........you are out of luck. NO ONE makes these for our cars any longer.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've wanted one of these BADLY since dave posted the pic of his last year and looked for quite some time to find someone selling them. Unfortunately, speaking to anyone with a 2007-2009 GT500........you are out of luck. NO ONE makes these for our cars any longer.
talk around and you’ll be able to find a shop that rewraps or makes custom wheels. It’s not cheap but it’s out there. I can’t remember the shop name that OPs steering wheel is from what they specialize in making steering wheels for off-roaders and it’s all done in-house at their place in Brownsville TX.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vista Blue with White Stripes
1,031 Posts
talk around and you’ll be able to find a shop that rewraps or makes custom wheels. It’s not cheap but it’s out there. I can’t remember the shop name that OPs steering wheel is from what they specialize in making steering wheels for off-roaders and it’s all done in-house at their place in Brownsville TX.
The only place I've found that does this is some guy on Facebook who posts stuff all the time about his business (unfortunately his name or business name escapes me). I contacted him directly and he too told me that he doesn't do them any longer. If you know of a place, please link at your convenience. But in all the time I've searched to look into it, I've never found anyone.
I haven't ever tried to pursue it locally, but that certainly is one option that might help me get it done. But as of now, I am not aware of anyone that will do it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The only place I've found that does this is some guy on Facebook who posts stuff all the time about his business (unfortunately his name or business name escapes me). I contacted him directly and he too told me that he doesn't do them any longer. If you know of a place, please link at your convenience. But in all the time I've searched to look into it, I've never found anyone.
I haven't ever tried to pursue it locally, but that certainly is one option that might help me get it done. But as of now, I am not aware of anyone that will do it.
As I said, it might take some local networking and or connecting to people within the community but they are out there. I know someone local whom will reposter/ redo the leather wheels for locals as she’s word of mouth only (semi -retired for last few years why). Changing the shape of the wheel completely is a little more in-depth. As far as my reference to the shop (i don’t know what they do anymore) it’s been a 5+ years since ive been down there but it’s /www.grantproducts.com/

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I bought mine early this year & really glad I did since they seem to have gone the way of the dodo bird.

Reactions: Norton

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,176 Posts
This guy does nice work. I bought one of his recovered Mystichrome wheels for my 04.

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
5,741 Posts
Before:
View attachment 222993
During:
View attachment 222994
Comparison:
View attachment 222995
After:
View attachment 222996
Niiice!!! (y) (y) (y) I'm a fan of the flat bottom steering wheels.

Reactions: TedShred
1 - 20 of 27 Posts