Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I installed the first set of Stainless Steel brake lines with the special coating on them provided by Jerry @ For My Ride.
These come complete with all the necessary brackets . The best part is the clear protective coating that protects the steel braiding from all the road dirt that works itself into the lines causing premature degradation of the actual hoses.The kit sells for $225 + $10 shipping (front and rear included )

Here are some pics of the kit and the install.I also replaced the brake fluid with Motul RBF 600 as it has a much higher wet and dry boiling point than the OEM fluid.
If you plan on driving fast you'll need to be able to stop fast with a solid pedal without the worry of brake fade or that spongy brake feel. This is money well spent IMO.

Complete kit.

Closeup of clear coating.

Used a flarenut wrench on the brake line fittings.

There are right and left brackets and hoses .

Front hose with front strut bracket

Front hoses finished . I used black wire ties to keep the antilock lines along side.

Rear hoses side by side comparison

Rear bracket with antilock line attached

Rear bracket mounted

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Nice job George.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I don't see them listed on Jerry's site. I take it they aren't available yet?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Looks pretty straight forward and easy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't see them listed on Jerry's site. I take it they aren't available yet?
Do you have the website address?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I completely forgot. I'll have to pull a wheel and take a pic. I got the SS brake lines, slotted and cross drilled rotors and new pads wth the FRPP brake cooling ducts. I'm very happy with all of it.

Everything on but the cooling ducts and grill inserts today...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I completely forgot. I'll have to pull a wheel and take a pic. I got the SS brake lines, slotted and cross drilled rotors and new pads wth the FRPP brake cooling ducts. I'm very happy with all of it.

It's been a month, when are those pics coming?

:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts