Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read the following rumor on another board. Can anyone confirm? 07??

"Ford will be sending out a package of 3 items after the build for 2007 models is complete. They will include a SVT letter with our build number (nothing new for previous SVT owners) and 2 plaques. One signed by CS with your VIN for the dash, and another plaque to be rivited under the hood."

This would be awesome if it's true!!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts

"Ford will be sending out a package of 3 items after the build for 2007 models is complete. They will include a SVT letter with our build number (nothing new for previous SVT owners) and 2 plaques. One signed by CS with your VIN for the dash, and another plaque to be rivited under the hood."

Now I like rumors again.

·
Registered
65 Posts
This is probably a better rumor than the GT500KR one, for me at least.

On the Carroll Shelby web site, they have a plaque with Carroll's signature and your VIN# for sale starting in February. It goes between the two air vents in the center of the dash. I wonder if this would be what we would get? I'd hate to drop the cash next month to buy it and then turn around and get another one after the 2007 build is complete.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

Wow,I never heard this one,I like it though.I highly doubt it,but I will find out.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I like the plaque rumor also...It would be nice to have something special for the car that is special. I know about the plaque from CS but to be honest we didn't really get anything personal for our car. I hope this rumor is true also...maybe 07 you can make this rumor come true... :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well, I'm going to wait a while longer to see what happens, but come February, you'll be able to get the dash plate, but for $280. If we aren't going to get anything through Ford like this rumor, I'm going to jump on this:
http://www.shelbyautos.com/ShowDetail.asp?id=106 you get an autographed dash plate with your vin and 2 sill plates to replace/go over the ones that say "SVT"

·
Registered
19 Posts
i don't think ford should have to pay for these, i think the greedy dealers should pony up, after all they made way more off of the sale of the cars then ford did. hay and maybe a trip to vegas as well!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

I asked the Shelby project manager today and he told me no,no and no.I did find out we have made 6,000+ 2007 Shelbys.Including all Shelbys that were built and sellable mine was in the 1300+range of total build and it was the 1st day they had built 51 Shelbys in 1 day.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I asked the Shelby project manager today and he told me no,no and no.I did find out we have made 6,000+ 2007 Shelbys.Including all Shelbys that were built and sellable mine was in the 1300+range of total build and it was the 1st day they had built 51 Shelbys in 1 day.
POOP!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Yeah, that means there are ~4800 in front of pretzl's. :)
There is some thing to say about First and Last $$$.;) Hang in there PREZ, believe you me I mean what I say, I FEEL your PAIN.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Double POOP!!!!!!!

That would have been nice to have.

Mr. Pres.

You're just getting the shaft. Aren't you? "Material Hold"??????????????

PHEW>>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Double POOP!!!!!!!

That would have been nice to have.

Mr. Pres.

You're just getting the shaft. Aren't you? "Material Hold"??????????????

PHEW>>>>>>>>>>
Yeah, I feel like I'm getting the shaft. A buddy of mine was able to get in touch with my zone manager for me, and the zone manager said the same thing that everyone else has told me: Q2, 2007 delivery. On a more positive note, Q2, 2007 deliveries should be getting scheduled in mid-February. That means I might be getting a more specific build time next month. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Yeah, I feel like I'm getting the shaft. A buddy of mine was able to get in touch with my zone manager for me, and the zone manager said the same thing that everyone else has told me: Q2, 2007 delivery. On a more positive note, Q2, 2007 deliveries should be getting scheduled in mid-February. That means I might be getting a more specific build time next month. We'll see.
That P word must be getting real thin by now. Good Luck. Hope it gets scheduled next month.....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well that explains why my was lost for awhile. Mine was made around then They made to many around then. I forgot about the wait and just enjoying the car

·
Registered
155 Posts
rpretzel,
I was reading your post filling my own pain because I too have been without a car or information for a long time.... I took action today and put it up front once and for all. I went down to my Dealer and asked for a meeting to talk about my car. To make it short they called the Zone Manager and told him they were tired of getting passed by on allocations. He sent an Email back this afternoon and stated that my car would be built in March. It looks like the meeting worked for me. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
rpretzel,
I was reading your post filling my own pain because I too have been without a car or information for a long time.... I took action today and put it up front once and for all. I went down to my Dealer and asked for a meeting to talk about my car. To make it short they called the Zone Manager and told him they were tired of getting passed by on allocations. He sent an Email back this afternoon and stated that my car would be built in March. It looks like the meeting worked for me. Good Luck.
My car also needed pressure on the zone manager to be allocated for build. They have the power to move things along and some times the dealer may have to take allocations of other units he may not necessarily want as a bargaining tool.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
rpretzel,
That's great info, shelbygot2. Although I did not get a definitive answer from my zone manage like you did, she did ask that I bug her again in mid-Feb to make sure she "didn't forget" about me. If I don't get an acceptable answer in mid-Feb, I'm going to my dealer to raise a stink.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts