Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
462 Posts
That's a pretty good price. I must have missed it when I looked at your link.

I'm still deciding what I'm going to put in mine.

My stereo guy wants to put in 4 8" subs and some other trick stuff.

·
Registered
64 Posts
can a aftermarket stereo be made to work with the shaker 1000?

Drew

·
Registered
64 Posts
Had a look at their website and once you put your cars info in including that you have factory shaker 1000 it lists the pioneer as fitting.

Least these are long term plans as I am still in the UK. Not gonna undertake this until back in the states whenever that is : P

·
Registered
10 Posts
can a aftermarket stereo be made to work with the shaker 1000?

Drew
I don't know about the 1000, my car came with the shaker 500. I replaced it with the Pioneer AvicZ2, which is a double DIN AV/NAV/sat radio/bluetooth unit. The install guy said they make adapters that plug into the factory harness. Mine works great with the factory amps and speakers, and sounds much better than the factory head unit and has much more control capability with loudness, sub controls, and a parametric equalizer.

I bet you can do the same with the 1000 system.

·
Registered
64 Posts
that would be nice. When I was shopping for my car I was open to either shaker 1000 or nav. Course the one I found had the shaker 1000 and as it turns out the nav wouldnt have done me any good as I am in England.

The pioneer with nav would be awesome if it can work with the shaker1000. Plenty of time to research :)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
THe Pioneer unit looks nice.

I am going to go with the Alpine W505 unit. Newly released this month. Full iPod connectivity, with 7" DD touch panel, CD/DVD playback (incl DVDs loaded with MP3s), and optional Dockable/removable Nav unit. Sounds like it should be a great unit.

Shaker 1000 is pretty lousy IMHO.

As far as using aftermarket head units with factory speakers and amps, there are some products that have been deisgned specifically for this purpose. Clearly, using aftermarket speakers and amps will work with a stock head unit. Using an aftermarket head unit with stock speakers should therefore also be possible, but would wonder if you could defeat any possible built-in equalization that might exist in the amplifier (though would suspect its all in the head unit). There is some good info on this stuff over at the JL audio website.

TD

·
Registered
52 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts