Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a white w/ blue stripes 08 gt500....I like the paint and everything but, and I think most of you feel this way, I like having something no one or not a lot of people have.

Im thinking about getting new paint and stripes. Here is what Ive been mulling over, let me know your thoughts w/e they may be.

Matte/flat black w/ gloss black stripes
Matte/flat British racing green w/ gloss white stripes
Gloss British racing green w/ gloss white stripes
Matte/flat Dark charcoal gray w/ gloss orange or red stripes
Havent thought a lot about it but maybe a dark chocolate brown...dunno what kinda stripes (idea came from bugatti veyron, hah)

·
Registered
994 Posts
You will get several responses to this, the purists will tell you to leave it be, others will tell you it's yours, do what you want. Personally, I like the gloss British Racing Green with White Stripes. (of the choices you listed.) I am going to have my stripes pulled, and painted on, then ghost flames coming from the hood heat extracters.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I have a white w/ blue stripes 08 gt500....I like the paint and everything but, and I think most of you feel this way, I like having something no one or not a lot of people have.

Im thinking about getting new paint and stripes. Here is what Ive been mulling over, let me know your thoughts w/e they may be.

Matte/flat black w/ gloss black stripes
Matte/flat British racing green w/ gloss white stripes
Gloss British racing green w/ gloss white stripes
Matte/flat Dark charcoal gray w/ gloss orange or red stripes
Havent thought a lot about it but maybe a dark chocolate brown...dunno what kinda stripes (idea came from bugatti veyron, hah)
I'm part of the group that says' "It's yours, paint it like you want it".

As for your color choices, I can't get too excited about the "flat" paint. As for the chocolate, consider orange stripes.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
202 Posts
british green with black gloss stripes would look good IMO!

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Paint it how you like it, whatever will make you happy and proud of your baby...
I would put my vote in for the gloss BRG/White stripes. Would look awesome...

If it were mine and I was painting it, I would do a dark metallic black cherry with Metallic silver/gray OR maybe Carbon fiber stripes.

Have Fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts