Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver's side plate says MUSTANG and the passenger side says SVT.
Is it correct?

I thought it was not supposed to say Mustang anywhere?

Wow what a car!

Thanks,
Tom
GT500 Vista Blue/White

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had to go check mine...both are SVT. Ford owes you a new plate.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Both should say SVT, but could be a good thing if you document there screw up. How many cars were sent like that with one different then the other. 20 years from now people will wonder what happened. One of kind.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Is it correct?

Wow what a car!

Thanks,
Tom
GT500 Vista Blue/White
Ooopsie! Take pictures of it....keep it....buy an SVT for yourself (they'll probably make you give it back if they get you one on warranty/customer service). It's a cool oddity.

bj

·
Registered
213 Posts
Is it correct?

Wow what a car!

Thanks,
Tom
GT500 Vista Blue/White
wow that is rank they should both say svt, i would make a phone call

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Is it correct?

Wow what a car!

Thanks,
Tom
GT500 Vista Blue/White
Everyone is right. They should both say SVT. On the other hand, you now have a one-off Shelby. :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Is it correct?

Wow what a car!

Thanks,
Tom
GT500 Vista Blue/White
They put the wrong tag on,it should say SVT.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I remember on one of the first built cars one fella had a horse in the center of the steering wheel instead of a cobra.

See if you can pick out what's wrong with this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Love the combo!;) Must be Florida Chris!.

·
Registered
933 Posts
harley99fb,

I give up!

What? It's blue/white not alloy/tungsten?

Sorry, but it looks perfect to me.

Nice cars!

·
Registered
888 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Bottom quarter painted.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Yes!!! Florida Cris:D :D

And yes the bottom quarter painted just like the California Specials.

Very good!!! :D

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
If you think I have a nice pair, just look at Florida Chis's pair:p :p :p :eek: :eek: :D :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes keep it. I have a 66 mustang coupe that was sent with 1965 wire wheel hub caps. Makes for lots of talk at car shows. It also happened alot with Shelbys built at the LA airport. As they ran low on parts you never really knew what they would sub in its place.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My car came from the factory with no TCS button. I had it documented and the button installed.
That one still cracks me up.... you sure your wife didn't put the blank-out panel in to prevent you from doing whole-shots?;)

A friend of mine picked up his new Porsche 911 a couple yrs ago....the base 320 horsepower model. The factory mistakenly installed 'Turbo S' sill plate on driver's side only....he was ticked that it didn't have the (444hp) engine to match the sill plate.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
My car came from the factory with no TCS button. I had it documented and the button installed.
I don't mean to laugh at your misfortune, but this has got to be the funniest Ford faux pas ever. I get a vision of you repeatedly pushing the dash plate where the button should be. WTF? Why won't my TCS turn off?!?! :D
How something like that can slip by QC boggles the mind. I'm glad you got it fixed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't mean to laugh at your misfortune, but this has got to be the funniest Ford faux pas ever. I get a vision of you repeatedly pushing the dash plate where the button should be. WTF? Why won't my TCS turn off?!?! :D
How something like that can slip by QC boggles the mind. I'm glad you got it fixed.
You know, I spent hours looking around in the car for the switch. The manual only shows you what the button looks like, not where it is. Without the button in the car, I couldn't find it. :confused: I had to ask for help here to figure where it was suppose to be.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts