·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,830 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well, the car is finally finished. They road-tested it. Everything's good to go but I'm not going to pick it up till tomorrow because today it's completely crappy outside which would figure. But this weekend is supposed to be nice

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,830 Posts
They road-tested it.
My imagination is running wild envisioning this “road test.” Have you seen Ferris Bueller’s Day Off? I personally would not have let anyone drive the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My imagination is running wild envisioning this “road test.” Have you seen Ferris Bueller’s Day Off? I personally would not have let anyone drive the car.
Yes, allowing the the parking attendant, the mechanic, or your son to drive a GT500 is probably not the best thing to do. My 17 year old who will be 18 on Monday wants to drive the GT500, but I won't let him because he always does the opposite of what I tell him to do. Now the 14 year old who is pictured riding in my car on my avitar, I would be more likely to allow to test drive it with me in the car. He listens to what I ask him to do. Of course, that may all change once the testosterone kicks in full force.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,830 Posts
Yes, allowing the the parking attendant, the mechanic, or your son to drive a GT500 is probably not the best thing to do. My 17 year old who will be 18 on Monday wants to drive the GT500, but I won't let him because he always does the opposite of what I tell him to do. Now the 14 year old who is pictured riding in my car on my avitar, I would be more likely to allow to test drive it with me in the car. He listens to what I ask him to do. Of course, that may all change once the testosterone kicks in full force.
I actually taught both of my sons how to drive a manual in my 750hp 2011 when they were 15. With a light clutch and good torque (harder to kill), it was a good vehicle to learn in, as long as they didn’t mash the “go pedal.” I also let my oldest take it by himself when he was 18 or 19.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think my OCD and stress would push me over the limit and I would have a heart attack if my 17 year old took it out by himself. He would go pick up all his buddies and push it to the max.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts