Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first Mustang
Walked into the Ford dealer and saw this 2020 Shelby Cobra Gt 500 on the showroom floor. Wasnt there the week before. Had 8 miles on it. I think i heard it say take me home...

So i did. When i called my bank to raise my limit on my debit card, they were like , um how much.
Lol. You only live once.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,830 Posts
Awesome, congrats! 🤟

Have you gotten past your initial 100 mile break in to let er rip?

Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your 2020! We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you need any forum assistance.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,830 Posts
Lol broke down at 54 miles. Does the time on the flat bed count towards the 100 miles lol
Funny, don’t mean to laugh at your expense, but that was humorous.

Reactions: Coolrite1

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,830 Posts
Btw how do i put my first name in
I see you found it Bill. You can also add a signature picture of your car and a mod list if interested. Use the rectangle icon to upload a pic.

·
Premium Member
8,238 Posts
Okay .... inquiring minds want to know ...... WHAT BROKE ????

...... better luck in the future .... Welcome to the Forum !!! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Apparently it has something to do with the solenoid of the Tremec tranny I got the call last night that the transmission is already out of the car and the new transmission is on the way getting close fellows

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Okay since I'm still learning the lingo I could tell you what I paid I got well the car has the handling package I got the extended warranty after 7 years and I bought a wraparound warranty that covers the tires the body against shopping carts LOL the rims xcetera I put down $65,000 I was going to pay it off but I'm trying to build my credit back up over 700. Kept my payments down to 500. The total what I paid was 89000 just over 89 with tax and tags and the extended warranty

·
Registered
58 Posts
Okay since I'm still learning the lingo I could tell you what I paid I got well the car has the handling package I got the extended warranty after 7 years and I bought a wraparound warranty that covers the tires the body against shopping carts LOL the rims xcetera I put down $65,000 I was going to pay it off but I'm trying to build my credit back up over 700. Kept my payments down to 500. The total what I paid was 89000 just over 89 with tax and tags and the extended warranty
Sounds like you got a good deal. I was just wondering if you paid markup over sticker.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now they really gave me a fair deal and like I said because of the inconvenience with the transmission because they're paying my two first payments which equals out to right around $1,000 which I can't complain about you wouldn't believe how many people I got telling me to get out of the car because the transmission already has problem and I talked to a friend of mine who collects Shelby's he said I be stupid to get out of the car because of the transmission issue he said they're replacing it under warranty brand new he said it's a special car. Said it would be a dumb move. I could always buy a yugo maybe put a supercharger in that LOL

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I also found out that the mechanic at their other dealership which is only 30 minutes from my house has a really good working knowledge of these cars so they're going to introduce me to him and helping my mechanic from here on out not that the guy that's working on it doesn't know what he's doing and he's been working really well with the engineers at Ford Motorsports and Tremec but the other guy has a better knowledge in a better grasp on these cars

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,876 Posts
Now they really gave me a fair deal and like I said because of the inconvenience with the transmission because they're paying my two first payments which equals out to right around $1,000 which I can't complain about you wouldn't believe how many people I got telling me to get out of the car because the transmission already has problem and I talked to a friend of mine who collects Shelby's he said I be stupid to get out of the car because of the transmission issue he said they're replacing it under warranty brand new he said it's a special car. Said it would be a dumb move. I could always buy a yugo maybe put a supercharger in that LOL
My God, Bill, that's the longest run-on sentence I've ever read! 🤣 🤣 Just spoofing you a bit! Glad you're getting a new replacement trans so quickly. I had visions of you waiting weeks! Goose went through that worry when the PPF shop cracked the trans pan on his new CFTP!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well it gets better they just called me told me the transmissions in and it is mounted in the car however Ford forgot to send the bolts for the drive shaft supposedly the driveshaft bolts have to be replaced as well when you replace the transmission so those are being shipped overnight. I told him I'm not happy tomorrow is supposed to be raining I want to drive the car tonight because I have to work this weekend

1 - 20 of 26 Posts