Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone ... glad to be on board !!!!!:D

I live in Sw Florida and work for a ford store here in Englewood Florida. I have been a member of stangs unleashed for a few years and found this site as well.

I own a 2007 Red Gt500 with a few mods !!

Im looking forward to meeting the new members of this forum and sharing ideas on these incredible cars !!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello 1badsho,
I'm new to the forum also my GT500 all stock looking at getting exhaust for my car looking at FRPP axel backs which I see you have how do you like them?...Jim

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim

I like them alot ! .... There are so many different types to chose from but I stayed with the Ford Racing designed for the Shelby. I had the louder axle backs but they were too loud .. great with windows down but not at cruising.

The factory exhaust on this car is way to quite !

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi Don!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HEY Frydguy79 !

·
Registered
837 Posts
Don-

Those are some pretty nice numbers you've posted for stage 1. I'm in Central FL - no mods to date.

Where'd you get the tune for the stage 1?

TD

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Don! Impressive numbers!
Do these mods have any effect on your warranty?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts

I live in Sw Florida and work for a ford store here in Englewood Florida. I have been a member of stangs unleashed for a few years and found this site as well.

Prove it!

I smell a fake!

:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
672 Posts

Im looking forward to meeting the new members of this forum and sharing ideas on these incredible cars !!
Hi Don. Welcome to the site. Nice group of guys and gals here.

Sorry about the red car though, Performance White must not have been available.:rolleyes: ;) :D

Cal

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The tune is from EVO .... and the motor was cool .... I had done two pulls before in different mths and this was the highest numbers for Stage I. My first dyno run with stage I was 509 rwhp
Ive seen higher numbers ... and I have seen higher numbers on Stage II .. but I know i am on the high end !!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Don! Impressive numbers!
Do these mods have any effect on your warranty?
If you go into any Ford store .... yes this should void the warranty out.

With this said ... I dont abuse my car nor do I take it to the drag strip. I believe you can have someone with a bone stock car who drives his car harder than i ever will and does that mean if i have a drive train issue it shouldnt be honored. Tricky question for sure and I will leave it at that !!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Prove it!

I smell a fake!

:rolleyes:

very funny rob ! .... dont be making all these good people on this forum begin to suspect me ....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Don. Welcome to the site. Nice group of guys and gals here.

Sorry about the red car though, Performance White must not have been available.:rolleyes: ;) :D

Cal
Your correct ... at that time I ordered my own car through our dealership ... all ford was selling was the VERY FAST RED COUPES

Oh .. on a side bar ... I think I have a 560+ rwhp pull. The last time I had it dynoed ... the guy stopped at 6000 rpms vs 6300

Nice stage II numbers for you as well

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts

1badshow,
Welcome to the board.A lot of people here are also members at SU.There is a lot of good people and ideas here.If you want your car put on the Shelby list please post color,DOB,city and Oldimp will hook you up.There are 2 lists they are stuck so you can go read the info if you want.:D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Welcome Don ware have you been? What is the plan for getting together this year?:D
Shhhhhh can u keep a secret ... date is set .. 02/24/2008 .... probably at brads place again .. i havent talked to brad since the last one ... but i hear he is more than happy to have it again.

We had over 21 GT500s there and i am shooting for over 50 GT500's this time.

We will also have participation by FoMoCo, VMP, EVO, SAI ..... and Justin will be there again to do dyno pulls ... should be a great time.

Official announcement goes out on this forum and stangsunleashed by weeks end

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome, I too live in Florida. I am in the Tampa area and have on 08 red 500
Hey todd

how goes it ... I am sorta of the appointed Pres of the FLorida GT500 club ... we had a get together about a year ago and had over 20 ShelbyGT500's there along with participation of FoMoCo ... VMP ... EVO .... SAI ... .. great turn out ... and having another get together that I will be announcing the dates/ time and location shortly.

I got a few GT500 friends in the tampa area ... we need to get together !!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts