Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

Premium Member
2020 GT500 , black, no stripes, tech package and carbon fiber, JLT cai
Discussion Starter #22
It has happened! Car was built yesterday -black, no stripes, tech package, carbon fiber trim. Current estimated delivery date mid-July. Really? A month of waiting?
Shame they won't let us pick it up. What a great Friday!

Premium Member
2012 SVTPP with a heavy dose of 2013 components
Also, this is going to be my daily driver, and I think 800 will get me to 185 in the mile and still be comfortable on the street.
I went 185 in Beeville with my 2012 and it had a lot less power than that. I'm in the 800 neighborhood on pump now and I think it would go 200. With 800 rwhp, spend some money on intercooler mods. There's no shortage of them in short amount of time the 2020 has been introduced, especially for mile attempts.

Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
It has happened! Car was built yesterday -black, no stripes, tech package, carbon fiber trim. Current estimated delivery date mid-July. Really? A month of waiting?
Shame they won't let us pick it up. What a great Friday!
Congratulations Dick! 馃

The month delay works out roughly to 2 weeks to get in/out of the mod shop. You aren鈥檛 getting stripes, but the 鈥渟wing鈥 gets installed in the mod shop. The other 2 weeks are used up in transport.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #26
Ah yes, the very reason I like this site. No black stripeless are for losers, but we are so much more subtle...
Catmonkey, when were you at Beeville? I been going there for sometime and even my wife goes along. Now that it's in Victoria the hotels and bars have gotten better.
Looks like we will go to Florida in July and my wife has suggested we drive the car to meet family. From Texas. With about ten gas stops. Fine says I , VMP will be on the way.
So, appointment with them and the ride home will be interesting. I totally agree on the inter-cooler mod and will likely get the 30% larger brick. Are you thinking about running again?
Dick

Moderator/Admin Dude!
Apologies for my ignorance. Swing?
It鈥檚 what Ford calls the fin on the back of the base model cars spoiler/wing = 鈥渟wing.鈥

Premium Member
2012 SVTPP with a heavy dose of 2013 components
Catmonkey, when were you at Beeville? I been going there for sometime and even my wife goes along.
October 2012. We stayed in Victoria for the four days we were there, so I imagine it's a better experience all the way around. I blew a head gasket for my efforts, and didn't discover it until a week or two after the run.

Here/s my only pass on Saturday that I happened across on YouTube. I had problems getting it into 5th gear, so it only went 183.5 here. It probably would have bettered 185, since the half-file speed was higher than previous runs by 2 or 3 mph. I think it scubbed off too much speed with the gear change. Shifter didn't feel right after that, so I didn't make any other passes beyond this one.

If you were there and happened on it in the pits, this was the configuration then. It was probably in the range 675 rwhp, give or take, at the time.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #32
Just looked it up and I was there in 2012. New to the mile then and only ran 165 with minimal mods. Yes, in a no stripes gray GT500.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #33
IT'S HERE! Got word from Snoopy49 before the dealer sent me pictures. Ironically, I'm in California and don't get back home until Friday night. Wife very specific - not leaving early! Minimal sleep expected until then.

Premium Member
Have been haunting this site for two months and really enjoying it. Great people, excellent information and just plain fun. I had a build date of March 30, so naturally I'm waiting like so many of you have been. I had a 2012 GT500, then a 2016 CTSV, then a 2019 Camaro ZL-1 and now an LC500 as an interim before the real car arrives. All, except the LC500 (which so can't be modified) have been lightly modded and run at the Texas mile (best so far 180.7 in the Camaro), and that is the plan for the 2020 (trying for over 185). Always looking for information on the latest mods for the 2020 and this site has been the best I've seen.
Thanks to all for having such a great site. Looking forward learning more and enjoying the day to day conversations.
Stay safe and healthy, we'll all be back at the track and on the streets soon.
You have has some very nice cars in that pasture of yours over the years !!!!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #35
Thank you. Picked up the Shelby Saturday and now have 125 miles on it. Wow! This is a really great car. Even my wife was smiling. Spent the weekend crystal coating and tonight the JLT cai goes on. The drive to work is way better now.
Dick

Moderator/Admin Dude!
Thank you. Picked up the Shelby Saturday and now have 125 miles on it. Wow! This is a really great car. Even my wife was smiling. Spent the weekend crystal coating and tonight the JLT cai goes on. The drive to work is way better now.
Dick
Please post pics of your new toy!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #38
Apparently I am doubly proud of the new toy. Sorry about the copy. I still learning. Put the JLT cai on last night. Easy process, everything fit perfectly. Love that track exhaust.
Dick

Moderator/Admin Dude!
Apparently I am doubly proud of the new toy. Sorry about the copy. I still learning. Put the JLT cai on last night. Easy process, everything fit perfectly. Love that track exhaust.
Dick
Gorgeous Dick!

If you use the rectangle photo upload icon, don鈥檛 click 鈥渋nsert full image鈥 afterward. It already inserts the full image and you end up with 2.

The car looks fabulous!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts