Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Shelby GT500
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, great to be here. I've had muscle cars all my life, mostly Pontiac GTO's. After many sleepless nights, I finally decided to sell my numbers matching 67 GTO and look for a Shelby GT500. As luck would have it, I found a 2007, bone stock right down to the tires, with 8900 miles on it. It was a tough decision to sell the GTO but their is something to be said for driving a 'modern' muscle car :)
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
267 Posts
Welcome to the club! I am sure there will be things that you miss about your old goat but mostly you probably won’t be missing much by driving a much newer modern car with none of the nannies constantly needing attention . Carburetor adjustment ? Nope . Rejet for changing altitude ? Nope ! Just have a lot of fun with the new car . I am an ex-New Yorker and drove stupid fast cars all year long even in the snow, so please don’t be one of those that tax his baby and for the entire winter and keeps it on a battery tender — it may get cold but on those dry cold days I better see you out there 😎

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,412 Posts
Hi all, great to be here. I've had muscle cars all my life, mostly Pontiac GTO's. After many sleepless nights, I finally decided to sell my numbers matching 67 GTO and look for a Shelby GT500. As luck would have it, I found a 2007, bone stock right down to the tires, with 8900 miles on it. It was a tough decision to sell the GTO but their is something to be said for driving a 'modern' muscle car :)
View attachment 225167 View attachment 225168
Welcome to the forum! Those are a couple of beautiful rides there… decisions/decisions! Congrats on joining the wonderful world that is SHELBY! 🤟

Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your virgin 07!

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

·
Registered
2007 Shelby GT500
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the club! I am sure there will be things that you miss about your old goat but mostly you probably won’t be missing much by driving a much newer modern car with none of the nannies constantly needing attention . Carburetor adjustment ? Nope . Rejet for changing altitude ? Nope ! Just have a lot of fun with the new car . I am an ex-New Yorker and drove stupid fast cars all year long even in the snow, so please don’t be one of those that tax his baby and for the entire winter and keeps it on a battery tender — it may get cold but on those dry cold days I better see you out there 😎
Thanks for the welcome. I've only had the car a couple of weeks so it will be hard not to drive it until Spring. I may just have to take it out a couple of times this Winter when the roads are clear and dry :unsure:.

·
Registered
2007 Shelby GT500
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum! Those are a couple of beautiful rides there… decisions/decisions! Congrats on joining the wonderful world that is SHELBY! 🤟

Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your virgin 07!

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.
Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 SE Widebody | Pending Build Date
244 Posts
Couldn't help but notice you're from Balston Spa! I myself am in Lake George NY! Small world.... welcome to the site and congratulations on your new Shelby! Absolutely gorgeous car. It's a shame winter is upon us, hope to see you at the local car shows next summer!

·
Registered
2007 Shelby GT500
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Couldn't help but notice you're from Balston Spa! I myself am in Lake George NY! Small world.... welcome to the site and congratulations on your new Shelby! Absolutely gorgeous car. It's a shame winter is upon us, hope to see you at the local car shows next summer!
Thanks for the welcome. Hope to see you around next summer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Maury T here. Welcome to the forum. Love that Shelby . I have a 2009 but the GTO was the car I learned how to shift them gears , loved that car also. Good Luck and look after her

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Antimatter Blue
127 Posts
Congrats on the Shelby! Great looking car! Where are you located in Upstate NY? I moved from Clifton Park 1.5 years ago to NC.

·
Registered
2007 Black with Tungsten Gray Stripes, 2.8 KB, 3” pulley too many mods too list.
16 Posts
Welcome, I’m new to the site. I have an 07 also, it was low miles at 10k. Not stock though, It was 750 crank now at 800 now. Love this car. Hope you enjoy yours to

1 - 17 of 17 Posts