Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - just received the DORA for my 2008 Alloy/Silver Stripe Coupe, all options navigation and sirius. I put my name on the list May of 06, this is the fourth car (first 2008) that the local dealer has ordered/recieved. Best part - MSRP. Dealer says 12 weeks to delivery from DORA - is that about right? I have a 96 Saleen Cobra Convertible and a 68 GT 390 Coupe to sell in the interim so I guess it's time!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on the msrp deal. As for delivery time, it all depends on where your dealership falls in the build priority. Dealers with lots of mustang sales get a higher priority than smaller dealers. I ordered from a small dealer, and it took 403 days from order to delivery.

·
Registered
373 Posts
i was the third allocation on a large delear (was getting 4).

ordered June 6th of last year, picked it up february 16th of this year.

worth every day of wait though!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Congrats....But you have been on the list since May 06?
Why so long to order?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I placed an "order" including color/specs etc. last May for a 2007 and gave the dealer a $500 deposit (which he held). According to the sales manager, they are informed by the regional sales director/manager when they can place an official order. They seem to be getting one car about every 4 months. When they called (monday the 24th), I had to place the order that day (after waiting for several months)! Today I was faxed a 2008 Dealer Order Reciept Acknowledgement (processed 7/25/07). I certainly do not know how the system works - not sure the dealer does either. They are fairly large but not a presidential or SVT dealer.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Hi all - just received the DORA for my 2008 Alloy/Silver Stripe Coupe, all options navigation and sirius. I put my name on the list May of 06, this is the fourth car (first 2008) that the local dealer has ordered/recieved. Best part - MSRP. Dealer says 12 weeks to delivery from DORA - is that about right? I have a 96 Saleen Cobra Convertible and a 68 GT 390 Coupe to sell in the interim so I guess it's time!

Welcome to the board and congrats on your new DORA.You're gonna love this ride:D :D

·
Registered
861 Posts
I had to wait 7 days!:)

Order on a tuesday:

Picked up on the following Monday!

By the way (got mine on EBAY);)

Have a nice day!!!!!!

JJ

·
Registered
150 Posts
dthies- wow, that is Pretzelian-caliber patience re: production schedule :)

Congrats, welcome to the group, and I applaud your excellent color choice. Wait until you dip into SC boost for the first time under throttle.. what a rush!

Any pics of that 68 GT 390 coupe you could post as attachments ? sweet car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried to post photo's of the 68 GT 390 as well as my Boss 302, but I believe I have to have 4 posts? in order to do so. If there is another way, let me know. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! Welcome!!!!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, here are the stablemates for the new GT 500. I am parting with the Saleen Cobra and the 68 GT 390, need the room and its time to simplify my life. I will probably be buried in the Boss.

68 GT 390 001.jpg

70Boss302.jpg

1996 Saleen Cobra.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts