Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....ramairhood.com.

https://www.ramairhood.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=91

This is being marketed as only for Mustangs, not GT500s. However, the lines and so on sure look like it would work and fit on our GT500s. Anyone know anything about these? These guys will also sell you a painted hood, and it does have functional ram air.

I know the SS hood is also now available from SPP, which is cool too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This hood is very similar to the true fiber hood. I have the true fiber hood and like it a lot. seems very strong and does not flex much.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lol im actualy the winner of that hood (ipp) it showed fri looked awesome exept the shipping company probably set something heavy on top of the box and it cracked the clear coat on the air inlets so my shop had to send it back , but the quality of the hood is great

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looks good although the mesh needs to be painted black.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going with the SPP SS hood afterall. Winter item...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys I got my IPP carbon hood on it fits awesome not much work was needed but i did have a bodyshop put it on and paint it since it was in there anyway since i hit a deer, i had them leave the stipes in carbon fibre and it looks great also we installed a set of shelbu hood pins for safety sake:) Ill try to post pics when i get my camera from work but I def recomend the Ipp hood!

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Would like to see the pics, KR hood is killer.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hey guys I got my IPP carbon hood on it fits awesome not much work was needed but i did have a bodyshop put it on and paint it since it was in there anyway since i hit a deer, i had them leave the stipes in carbon fibre and it looks great also we installed a set of shelbu hood pins for safety sake:) Ill try to post pics when i get my camera from work but I def recomend the Ipp hood!
glad to hear it fits, need some pics

1 - 9 of 9 Posts