Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been working on this for a while now and are very close to having them ready.

This is a very simple mod and looks great.
The bezels are made from solid billet aluminum. They have a nice lip and smooth radius on the inside and outside edges.
They will be offered in clear anodized, black anodized and full polished.

Simple install.
This can be done with the bumper still on the car or when it’s removed.
You will need a 2 ¼” hole saw.
Remove the lower splash shield and drill from the back side out. No need to remove the grille. Some hole saws have a hex shaft, this helps greatly as now you can use a ¼” drive air ratchet with a socket to “drill” through the grille. This allows you more room to work. See pictures below:

After this is done you simply snap the inserts in from the front. They have a raised edge that will grab the back side of the grille and not come out. (Without prying from a screwdriver)

Pricing has not been set at this time, but they will be very fair.
We’re shooting for the $99 or lower range depending on finish.

These JLT bezels will be the start of our “JLT True cold air kit” for the GT500.
We are incorporating the bezels and duct work to bring cool outside air to the filter on your JLT CAI, hence making it a “True cold air” kit.

We have been running this on our GT500 for 4 months now and love it.

You can also use these to finish off your FRPP brake duct kit as well.

Anyway, here are few teaser pictures of the part and install.

We should have parts ready to ship in about 3 weeks.

Thank you
Jay Tucker

Attachments

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Put me on the list, Jay!

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
You know I want to be on the list, we have talked about these for about 8 months. I could have used some extra air this weekend at the drag strip :flame:

·
Registered
544 Posts
We have been working on this for a while now and are very close to having them ready.

This is a very simple mod and looks great.
The bezels are made from solid billet aluminum. They have a nice lip and smooth radius on the inside and outside edges.
They will be offered in clear anodized, black anodized and full polished.

Simple install.
This can be done with the bumper still on the car or when it’s removed.
You will need a 2 ¼” hole saw.
Remove the lower splash shield and drill from the back side out. No need to remove the grille. Some hole saws have a hex shaft, this helps greatly as now you can use a ¼” drive air ratchet with a socket to “drill” through the grille. This allows you more room to work. See pictures below:

After this is done you simply snap the inserts in from the front. They have a raised edge that will grab the back side of the grille and not come out. (Without prying from a screwdriver)

Pricing has not been set at this time, but they will be very fair.
We’re shooting for the $99 or lower range depending on finish.

These JLT bezels will be the start of our “JLT True cold air kit” for the GT500.
We are incorporating the bezels and duct work to bring cool outside air to the filter on your JLT CAI, hence making it a “True cold air” kit.

We have been running this on our GT500 for 4 months now and love it.

You can also use these to finish off your FRPP brake duct kit as well.

Anyway, here are few teaser pictures of the part and install.

We should have parts ready to ship in about 3 weeks.

Thank you
Jay Tucker
Wow...They look nicer than the prototypes I sent you...Glad it is coming together.

Have you spent any time on the other prototype part I sent you for the radiator????

Sorry I missed you all at MB.....

Dave.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.
I also forgot to mention, were working on a plug to keep in the car nicase you get caught in the rain.

Dave, yes, they look killer. As soon as I have a full set you will too.
The other part has been scuffed, cleared and installed. Looks great and I had it on in MB for you...

I have not had a chance to check out the fitment on other Mustangs, but when I do I'll let you know.

Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
544 Posts
Thanks guys.
I also forgot to mention, were working on a plug to keep in the car nicase you get caught in the rain.

Dave, yes, they look killer. As soon as I have a full set you will too.
The other part has been scuffed, cleared and installed. Looks great and I had it on in MB for you...

I have not had a chance to check out the fitment on other Mustangs, but when I do I'll let you know.

Thanks
Jay
Thats so cool that you were sporting that at MB !!!!Wish we could have made it there....And the bez and plugs, I'm glad they will be in the hands of those who have held out to long as it is ...Darn SAI.....

When you get in on Tuesday can you send out an idler pulley cover????
I'll call ..

Thanks Jay !!!

Oh, .....I made this today...:)

I know....I think to much....:)

Dave

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Well, just finished installing Jay's bezels. Not counting jacking the car, removing the splitter, it took about ten minutes each side. And they do snap in good, right up against the grill. Pretty easy install i might say. Thanks Jay, great talking to you...and of course BB for the prototype..:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I love the look, but what about the whole kit, is that ready, I just want to lay under the car once :) Unless it will be an easy after that fact install. :thinkerg:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks good, thanks for the pics.

I will be working on the "cold air" kit next week. I'll ,ake a new thread with pics and info.

Jay

·
Registered
544 Posts
Looks good, thanks for the pics.

I will be working on the "cold air" kit next week. I'll ,ake a new thread with pics and info.

Jay
I have one designed and installed...Easy....You know I'm a team player...

Just call.....I love this stuff..:)

Oh ,The bez look bitchen !!!!!

BB.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well, just finished installing Jay's bezels. Not counting jacking the car, removing the splitter, it took about ten minutes each side. And they do snap in good, right up against the grill. Pretty easy install i might say. Thanks Jay, great talking to you...and of course BB for the prototype..:D
Thank you !!!!:)

I was only inspiration......and some BS hand made parts.
But I live for the art of it,... if you get my drift..............:)

BB.

·
Registered
544 Posts
BB, Black, clear or polished when they come in??

Jay
Arrr.....Wow !!!Ok, hum.......Black....ya,....Black.... :)

Thank you Jay for moving this and other things along so others can have !! You know some are pushing the look but you need to buy a 14 to...33,000.00 kit and ship your car to have this small part.....Some of us just need this small part not the hole SS kit......:)

How are we on the "other " part...????? Will it fit the 05 and up ..."ALL" thing????? Sorry guys can't say yet as to what it is ...But I can say it does fit the GT500 and is a dress up part .....:)

:zlurking: .........................

Thanks Jay!

Dave.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts