Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to add more boost to the Shelby! I last was dyno'd at 688, and my stock 60# injectors were maxed out.

I am thinking of upgrading to 72# injectors, and getting a PRO-M 92 MM mass air meter, and eliminating the Mafia mass air extender and factory meter.

Any reccomendations would be GREATLY appriciated!

Mike

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
When I upgraded to the 2.9L Whipple I did the following to my fuel system

1. KB Boost-a-Pump
2. Bosch 72-lb injectors
3. HPX MAF sensor (on my JLT intake)
4. Fore Precision fuel rails

Jon Lund said the HPX MAF sensor has a huge range and is good to 25+ lbs of boost.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
1) The FRPP 80# injectors are less expensive than the 72# injectors.
2) The HPX MAF is one of the better options for extended MAF range.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
the 80's are taller..something to think about wrt SC's / rail fitment. HPX is the best to go with. fits in stock location. Jon Lund has already tuned for these. We're doin mine shortly. At 711rwhp, and still on stock injectors...its all in the tune...Jon Lund...

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
the 80's are taller..something to think about wrt SC's / rail fitment. HPX is the best to go with. fits in stock location. Jon Lund has already tuned for these. We're doin mine shortly. At 711rwhp, and still on stock injectors...its all in the tune...Jon Lund...
doesn't FR sell the rail spacer the use on the CJ with 80lb injectors?

·
Registered
64 Posts
doesn't FR sell the rail spacer the use on the CJ with 80lb injectors?
Injectors - m-9593-LU80
FRPP spacer kit - m-8510-m2L

·
Registered
191 Posts
1) The FRPP 80# injectors are less expensive than the 72# injectors.
2) The HPX MAF is one of the better options for extended MAF range.
The 80's don't fit with the 2.9; they are too tall to clear the plenum...they should fit on a TVS and not sure on a KB.

Bill at Spray It Racing was awesome to deal with on injectors...helped me out of a jam on the Memorial day weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts