1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
33,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the below article:

Goodbye, GT350 and Bullitt
In other words, the 2020 model year may very well be the final year of production of the Shelby GT350 as well as the Bullitt package. The Bullitt news isn’t surprising, as the S197 Bullitt also featured a two-year model run. But the GT350 is still one of the best handling Mustangs ever built. And the GT350 and its R variant feature the incredible 5.2L Voodoo flat-plane crank V8 with an 8250RPM redline.

It’s been an incredible six model-year run and, with the GT350’s possible passing, it also means there’s no track-focused Mustang available in a manual. Yes, the PP2 GT is very good on track, but it lacks the GT350’s rear differential coolers and, of course, the glorious voodoo engine, but perhaps the Mach 1 will get the GT350’s coolers.”

This latest info supports the prediction I made last year:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too bad. It was a good run. Guess I'll be keeping mine for the foreseeable future!
It’s an excellent car! I have yet to drive one, but those that have, rave about them.

·
Super Moderator
5,288 Posts
I still think the GT350 has the best exhaust note out there. Heard/saw one at an event / drive last weekend -- intoxicating.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,581 Posts
Too bad they cancelled Shelbyfest, Tim. It was your chance to drive a GT350! Guess a road trip may be in the works! Kinda afraid to visit Texas, cause I might want to move there! ? And yes, Kris, that exhaust note is surreal! I drove to Lindsay's house yesterday (delivering groceries and seeing a doctor, of course) and took it to 8,250 RPM's a couple times in second gear! Just WOW!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too bad they cancelled Shelbyfest, Tim. It was your chance to drive a GT350! Guess a road trip may be in the works! Kinda afraid to visit Texas, cause I might want to move there! ? And yes, Kris, that exhaust note is surreal! I drove to Lindsay's house yesterday (delivering groceries and seeing a doctor, of course) and took it to 8,250 RPM's a couple times in second gear! Just WOW!
Hell yes Mike! ?

I will be hollering at you on my next weekend layover up your way.

·
Registered
2019 GT350
598 Posts
It’s an excellent car! I have yet to drive one, but those that have, rave about them.
If you are still looking for a chance to drive one, hit me up next time you fly into Albany, NY. Masks on, windows down and we are all set!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are still looking for a chance to drive one, hit me up next time you fly into Albany, NY. Masks on, windows down and we are all set!
Thanks Tom! I will holler at you the next time I get there. The current plane I fly doesn’t normally go to Albany, but the company is always switching things around.

Congrats again on your GT350!

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Velocity Blue
19 Posts
Maybe that is why dealers in the last couple of months want msrp or higher for the 350s on lots- can not figure it out as there are plenty of used ones out there- FYI if car was so great why the shitty resale value-

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Velocity Blue
19 Posts
Also RandT just reported Ford building special heritage package GT500 with 800hp and 350 with special add ons.- 100 of each.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Velocity Blue
19 Posts
Ford already sells multiple Shelby versions of the Mustang. But in case those don't satisfy your Shelby needs, Shelby American just announced Carroll Shelby Signature Edition versions of the GT350, GT350R, and GT500.
The company claims that the GT500 Carroll Shelby Signature Edition—or GT500SE—will make "800 plus" horsepower, touting a 40-hp gain of the 760-hp base car. This comes courtesy of a bigger supercharger pulley, upgraded cooling, and performance half shafts. The suspension, sway bars, and wheel studs also get updates to cope with the extra twist. On the outside, you get a special vented carbon hood, Shelby stripes and badging, and Shelby-branded hood locks. A wide-body kit is optional, while every GT500SE comes with updated seats and a commemorative dash plate.

shelby american gt500se

SHELBY AMERICAN
The GT350SE and GT350RSe both get the same upgrades, with no added power. Instead, they gets new springs, sway bars, camber plates, and "performance spec tires." Cosmetically, GT350SEs come with Shelby badging, striping, and a new Shelby tail panel. The leather seats are recovered and a dash plate notes your car's significance. You'll also be able to get a special carbon fiber hood and a wide-body kit, but they're optional extras.
These special editions don't come cheap and they won't be common sights. The GT350 and GT350R upgrades cost $9995 plus the donor vehicle and will be limited to 100 vehicles. The GT500SE package goes for $29,995 plus a GT500, putting the total price for a base GT500SE at just over $100,000. Only 100 will be made.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Also RandT just reported Ford building special heritage package GT500 with 800hp and 350 with special add ons.- 100 of each.
Your dealer better have the platinum ticket.

Oh, and your ADM debit card account very full.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Velocity Blue
19 Posts
Underneath it all is the same Mustang from Hertz rental with the same so so quality.

·
Premium Member
5,793 Posts
Maybe that is why dealers in the last couple of months want msrp or higher for the 350s on lots- can not figure it out as there are plenty of used ones out there- FYI if car was so great why the shitty resale value-
Can not imagine the ADM for these!!!
Underneath it all is the same Mustang from Hertz rental with the same so so quality.
I Like Pancakes !

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
The Heritage version is out my neighbor just got his. No up grades just some Blue badging and a rocker stripe and a different wing. also different material interior...Just an appearance Package..

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Velocity Blue
19 Posts
The Heritage version is out my neighbor just got his. No up grades just some Blue badging and a rocker stripe and a different wing. also different material interior...Just an appearance Package..
That is not the car RandT are speaking about- that limited car will be only 100 units at $9995 extra- your neighbors car was 1950 extra.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts