Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new cowl hood came in today and if my day works out well I should be picking up the 3.4 Whipple tomorrow. Then I'll drop off the car in the next couple days with all the goodies at the shop so the transformation can begin!

Yep.... I'm excited

·
Registered
938 Posts
Can't wait to see the whipple, been thninking of doing the same but already have the hood for it.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
My new cowl hood came in today and if my day works out well I should be picking up the 3.4 Whipple tomorrow. Then I'll drop off the car in the next couple days with all the goodies at the shop so the transformation can begin!

Yep.... I'm excited

Thats great Paul.I can't wait to see the next burnout,wow.:roller:

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Can't wait to see the whipple, been thninking of doing the same but already have the hood for it.
Paul, +1 Looking foreward to seeing the beast when finished.:bigthumb:

Kerry. I really thought you would have had your Whipple by now. I'm going to wait till fall or next spring.

Cal

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, almost everything went according to plan today. Picked up the Whipple, 160mm TB, and installation hardware. Went to the other shop to have a peek at the hood and dang! they sent the 2.5 cowl hood for a GT rather than the GT500 hood. CRAP. Either way, the car is scheduled to go in Wednesday for the blower install and a new hood is on the way Monday. Assuming all is good, I should be up and running by the end of April.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have a whipple 3.4 under the stock hood with just a bmr k-member that drops the motor 3/4'' with no spacers. the car runs 10.30 to 10.60 all day long at track with 18 psi on the whipple.On m/t tires 305/45/18.not to bad for an Evolution Performance mail order tune 735rwhp & 690rwtq

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you go with the black or polished blower ? Are you putting painted or vinyl stripes ?
I went with the black blower, and I'll be going with vinyl stripes. I would've liked to go with painted stripes but I'd have to do the entire car and the mod budget is pretty low these days with getting this and other mods to the Bullitt.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have a whipple 3.4 under the stock hood with just a bmr k-member that drops the motor 3/4'' with no spacers. the car runs 10.30 to 10.60 all day long at track with 18 psi on the whipple.On m/t tires 305/45/18.not to bad for an Evolution Performance mail order tune 735rwhp & 690rwtq
That's what I'm talking about!!!

Having said that I had my car out on Tuesday and with cold pavement and cool air and only 525rwhp I had to peddle first and second gear every time I got on it. So it got me thinking......what's it going to be like with another 150-175 rwhp on these tires??????

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Sounds awesome...what wheels did you get to fit the big meats? Any pics? Thanks, Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts