Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's been a good year and a half and we have sold well over 750 JLT GT50 kits so far.
After reading a couple comments from people wanting a better heat shield we looked into it.

Starting with our 05-up GT heat shield, we went to work to see what we could come up with.
Well, I'm happy to say it's a nice piece.
It's a much thicker 3/16, heat resistant ABS plastic. It has a built in support for the intake that also helps guide it to the proper position for best fit.
We did not fully box in the bottom and sides like others as that is exactly where your getting the cool air from when at speed. So the bottom and fender apron sides are fully open. The back and sides are designed to block the engine heat at idle and low speed, but the openness allows good air flow to the filter.

The new shields have been shipping in kits starting 2/1/08.
If you are one of the 750 JLT customers with the original shield and are happy with it, your fine. This was more of a design change for easier install and improved fitment over all.
If you would like to up grade your existing shield we have put them on the web site here.
Priced at only $30 shipped
JLT GT500 SHIELD

Thank you for your support.
Jay

Attachments

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I just got mine from you Jay (the full Stage 2 kit) over Christmas - nothing installed yet.

Can I swap you since it's now coming standard?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I just got mine from you Jay (the full Stage 2 kit) over Christmas - nothing installed yet.

Can I swap you since it's now coming standard?
As a spokesperson for JLT inc. the answer is NO!

...okay, I'm going to my corner.:(

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I'll miss you two.

Oh yeah, I'm not leaving this forum.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Luv U 2 Billy BeachBoy Bingo!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Boy you guys are sure turning on one another .
Bill says no to Joe, Grabber trys to get Beach boy fired and take over his spot then he says no to Joe too.Poor guy!

Joe this is for you to use as needed here.....

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Boy you guys are sure turning on one another .
Bill says no to Joe, Grabber trys to get Beach boy fired and take over his spot then he says no to Joe too.Poor guy!

Joe this is for you to use as needed here.....
Thanks man... I was wondering why I couldn't feel my legs anymore!:eek:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Thanks man... I was wondering why I couldn't feel my legs anymore!:eek:

Joe, I owe you an apology...

...maybe later.

:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would like to buy one. Need a passemword please. Still think Stage 2 is best bang for the dollar, happy I bought it a year latter.

Thx,
Blayne

·
Registered
56 Posts
Jay, I left a request on your web site and on this thread yesterday for a password, so I can buy the new heat shield. I usually don't have time to call during the day, so using the web is helpful. You aren't trying to compete with SPP's service are you? Just kidding.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Jay, I left a request on your web site and on this thread yesterday for a password, so I can buy the new heat shield. I usually don't have time to call during the day, so using the web is helpful. You aren't trying to compete with SPP's service are you? Just kidding.
All you do is set up a new account.

Put in your email and make up your own password.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
My phone order took 2 minutes, and it shipped out an hour later.

However I ordered Tana a lower front grill from SPP and I have no idea when it will ship. I am playing an e-mail game with them now. 3 days and no shipment. I don't get it.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
My phone order took 2 minutes, and it shipped out an hour later.

However I ordered Tana a lower front grill from SPP and I have no idea when it will ship. I am playing an e-mail game with them now. 3 days and no shipment. I don't get it.
Don't get me started on SPP service, or lack there of.

This BS of "it takes time to do it right" is

1 - 20 of 39 Posts