Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Shelby GT500
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I finally grabbed me an 09 GT500 for a cheap price (waiting for delivery) today. Coming from a Charger Hellcat and took advantage of the market to unload it and grab something ive wanting since high-school. Was hoping to get it today but went and looked at and dealer is having to put cats back on it to pass smog (they wouldnt even let me keep the catless pipes after new cats are in) then i can get it should be tomorrow. So far only mods it has from what i can tell is a 2.60 Metco and tune. Ill be grabbing the VMP package they have for it asap so i know exactly what I have in it. Looking forward to being back into a Ford coming from a Mach 1 then to a 4v swapped GT to now a GT500. It will be my daily driver also.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350- Race Red/White stripes
99 Posts
Beautiful. Welcome here.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,464 Posts
Hello everyone I finally grabbed me an 09 GT500 for a cheap price (waiting for delivery) today. Coming from a Charger Hellcat and took advantage of the market to unload it and grab something ive wanting since high-school. Was hoping to get it today but went and looked at and dealer is having to put cats back on it to pass smog (they wouldnt even let me keep the catless pipes after new cats are in) then i can get it should be tomorrow. So far only mods it has from what i can tell is a 2.60 Metco and tune. Ill be grabbing the VMP package they have for it asap so i know exactly what I have in it. Looking forward to being back into a Ford coming from a Mach 1 then to a 4v swapped GT to now a GT500. It will be my daily driver also.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on scoring a GT500! Since cats are getting put back on, don’t hammer on it until you get an updated tune.

Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your Shelby. Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,056 Posts
Welcome aboard! Congrats on your GT500. Love the fact that you're going to daily drive it! (y) (y) (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.