Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past saturday I called a dealership about a G35 coupe, somehow I left with a 08 GT500 with 10K miles, every option but the nav, shaker1000 is great, but turn it down to hear the whine. :)

I never even considered buying a mustang, much less this, I am loving it though. I cant see anywhere that my car was abused, I think the previouse owner took really good car of it, could even see on the tires where they had been spun recently, very smooth hwy tire wear.

Got a few questions. It has some mods that I can see, dont know of any that I can't see.

JLT CIA
Corsa Cat Back
I found the stock pulley and supercharger pulley in the trunk. I dont know what kind or size they are. The charger pulley has no markings that I can see, the lower one has a word that I can't read, I?????? INC. Anybody take a guess on that?
Hurse shifter

After I got it home I found a dyno sheet in the glove box. 560hp & 630FTlbs and I think it says something about a tune and 22* timing.

Does that sound right?

How much boost is safe for the motor, from my reading I believe stock is around 8-10psi. Mine hits 15psi if not just a little past with ease. I hope I am not driving a ticking time bomb.

I am not new to cars, but new to high Hp and mustangs.

Been doing a lot of reading here, what does TVS stand for?

the tranny noise had me worried on the second day, but now I know its normal. Thanks to reading here.

·
Registered
411 Posts
This past saturday I called a dealership about a G35 coupe, somehow I left with a 08 GT500 with 10K miles, every option but the nav, shaker1000 is great, but turn it down to hear the whine. :)

I never even considered buying a mustang, much less this, I am loving it though. I cant see anywhere that my car was abused, I think the previouse owner took really good car of it, could even see on the tires where they had been spun recently, very smooth hwy tire wear.

Got a few questions. It has some mods that I can see, dont know of any that I can't see.

JLT CIA
Corsa Cat Back
I found the stock pulley and supercharger pulley in the trunk. I dont know what kind or size they are. The charger pulley has no markings that I can see, the lower one has a word that I can't read, I?????? INC. Anybody take a guess on that?
Hurse shifter

After I got it home I found a dyno sheet in the glove box. 560hp & 630FTlbs and I think it says something about a tune and 22* timing.

Does that sound right?

How much boost is safe for the motor, from my reading I believe stock is around 8-10psi. Mine hits 15psi if not just a little past with ease. I hope I am not driving a ticking time bomb.

I am not new to cars, but new to high Hp and mustangs.

Been doing a lot of reading here, what does TVS stand for?

the tranny noise had me worried on the second day, but now I know its normal. Thanks to reading here.
Those mods seem quite common, and 15psi is the high average after a tune and pulley. Lots of folks boosting more than that safely with SC swaps. Take some time and read some of the threads related to Power upgrades and such, and enjoy the new ride. I will be getting the same mods soon enough.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts