Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Shelby Magazine that I purchased over the weekend contains a Shelby Performance Parts ad that list two new Shelby shifters; one for a 5-speed and another for a 6-speed. They're made of 6061-T6 billet aluminum and look very nice; they even have "Shelby" engraved in the handle. The part numbers are as follows:

5-speed shifter : 7S3Z-7210-F5
6-speed shifter : 7S3Z-7210-F6

I checked the Shelby web site and these are not even listed as being available yet (as of Nov 12).

Looks like we'll have some more options for shifters in the near future besides the FRPP and Steedas.

·
Registered
861 Posts
It is probably one that they are putting in the super snake!

JJ

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Fast-Forward to June 2008. The Shelby shifter is close to being available. At least it is now shown on SPP's website.

Looks like the design has been updated where the handle now mounts like the OEM shifter with the bolts in the front rather than on the side. The shifter handle shares a similar rubber wrapped mount used for the OEM handle, however polyurethane replaces the rubber. Perhaps they encountered the some vibration noise during product testing.

Another benefit of this design is that those who have the FRPP shifter handle should be able to mate it up with this shifter as an option.

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/ShowItem/101096 Shelby Shifter 6-Speed.aspx

The handle is also available separately for installing on the stock or FRPP shifter. Looks like the Shelby handle has the same forward offset as the stock handle.

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/ShowItem/101097 Shelby Shift Lever 6-Speed.aspx

·
Registered
658 Posts
Kinda spendy aint it?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
+++1 agree
+2
For something that will still probably take another year to get!

I was waiting on this shifter as well, finally pulled the trigger on the FRRP and never looked back. I love my new shifter:pinklove:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes it is more expensive than most but if you consider the Steeda Tri-ax shifter is $310; this one isn't that much more. It does come with the handle, which the FRPP does not.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Met a guy at the Oveido Shelby Meet. From what I recall, he swapped his Tri-Ax for the FRPP and prefers the FRPP shifter. Thought it was one of the guys from Lamotta performance.

I love the new FRPP shifter, but I think anything would be better than the stocker. Not sure that spending double on a Shelby shifter, is going to have any significant benefit other than wallet drain if you're into that. Could spend the money you save on more mods in my opinion.

TD

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I have the steeda triax shifter,A real pain to install-The guys at steeda tech line laughed when I called and gave me the real install instructions,I dont miss gears with it BUT it is far from smooth shifting.Take what you will from my experiance!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I find it kind of a joke that they made the shifter to not accept the stock knob. Just another way for them to get you to spend even more money on things i dont want. Think im gonna look into the Pro 5.0 shifter now.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I find it kind of a joke that they made the shifter to not accept the stock knob. Just another way for them to get you to spend even more money on things i dont want. Think im gonna look into the Pro 5.0 shifter now.
The way SPP designed the shifter, I believe the stock shifter handle and therefore the knob can bolt right up to it - something to think about. You might have to turn the handle around in the mount but I think it's do-able.

If I decide to go with this shifter, I will consider attaching my FRPP handle and ball to it. I like the looks of the FRPP handle better than the one that comes with the SPP shifter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts