Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted in svtperformance.com before about this and I'll do it again here. Here is the story: I owned an 03 tenth anniv. SVT cobra with about 500 rwhp and loved it to death. I'd probably spent 7-8K on upgrades on t and it hauled ass. I beat alot of cars in it.:D Well, on a whim I went and traded it in on a 2004 E55 AMG mercedes. This is a really nice car 479hp/516tq from 5.4L lysholm 2.2L twin screw factory. I really like my new car but I REALLY miss my cobra. I've been looking at the new GT500's really hard. I am located in Los Angeles and you can't buy one for MSRP around here. I have e-mailed, called, and visited multiple dealerships. No dice. Best I got was 5K over on an 07. I finally found a used one with 123 miles on it and they are giving me a pretty good deal on my E55 trade so I am supposed to pick it up tomorrow (Monday). I am kind of reluctant since I know first hand how awesome the 03-04 cobras are, and have heard that these new GT500's are slower mod for mod. Is there any truth to this? What is the max rwhp with smallest pulley for pump gas and axle back exhaust and CAI and tune? Also waht is max rwhp with porting blower (pump gas)? Any help is appreciated as I am supposed to pick this beast up tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Not sure about the 03's, but wonder what the weight diff is. 5 over msrp is an awesome deal. These babies can be much approved on, but the mods make a world of diff. Slower...i think not. It's all about the right application. The weight of this car is in the engine...all beast! I truly love mine. oh, and i already beat a 03 a couple of weeks ago. And i've barely done anything to mine. Many here are pushing awesome numbers in comparison. I don't thinkanyone has ported their blower, some have changed to a KB, and they are lightening fast. IMO!

·
Registered
933 Posts
turbineexpert,

Welcome to the forum.

These cars are much quicker than the '03 or '04 Cobras.

I know of at least 2 cars with the Kenne Bell supercharger that are making over 700 rwhp on pump gas.

Most of the guys on this forum that have made minor mods are pushing 550 rwhp with ease.

Good luck in your search! You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I owned a 03 Cobra as well. Now have a 07 GT500. Much better perfpormance than the 03. Seems to be a smoother running engine as well. I have done several upgrades all from Steeda and am very happy with the performance

·
Registered
938 Posts
I've posted in svtperformance.com before about this and I'll do it again here. Here is the story: I owned an 03 tenth anniv. SVT cobra with about 500 rwhp and loved it to death. I'd probably spent 7-8K on upgrades on t and it hauled ass. I beat alot of cars in it.:D Well, on a whim I went and traded it in on a 2004 E55 AMG mercedes. This is a really nice car 479hp/516tq from 5.4L lysholm 2.2L twin screw factory. I really like my new car but I REALLY miss my cobra. I've been looking at the new GT500's really hard. I am located in Los Angeles and you can't buy one for MSRP around here. I have e-mailed, called, and visited multiple dealerships. No dice. Best I got was 5K over on an 07. I finally found a used one with 123 miles on it and they are giving me a pretty good deal on my E55 trade so I am supposed to pick it up tomorrow (Monday). I am kind of reluctant since I know first hand how awesome the 03-04 cobras are, and have heard that these new GT500's are slower mod for mod. Is there any truth to this? What is the max rwhp with smallest pulley for pump gas and axle back exhaust and CAI and tune? Also waht is max rwhp with porting blower (pump gas)? Any help is appreciated as I am supposed to pick this beast up tomorrow.
Welcome, its funny I traded my ML 350 for mine. As far as the porting of the supercharger I have heard maybe 10 to 15 more horsepower which for the cost of it ?? I have thought about doing that to mine but not sure. The mods I have done to mine makes this car so awesome. Heres a few Videos. to check out.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ShE-77U2VGI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sk6rehpw51k
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jNGgoUrTIXY

1 - 5 of 5 Posts