Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new GT500 Convertible this weekend, I am driving her down the NJ Turnpike just about 10 minutes after driving out the dealer parking lot, when I look in my rearview mirror and notice a Black Lamborghini Gallardo, this guy pulls up next to me rolls down his window, honks his horn, points at my new car and says “that’s a real nice car” . I will tell you what, I thought that was the best complement anyone will get. I don’t think someone in a Vette would have been noticed as I am in my new GT500. It’s a real thrill driving this thing.

What’s your best complement?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Is that a Banana in your pocket or you just gald to see me?:banana_hitit:

lol
JJ

·
Registered
298 Posts
What’s your best complement?

When I take off the car cover in my garage and my wife is standing next to me saying "You love that thing more than me!" :boohoo:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Those guys in the Vettes do notice! Congrats on your new ride!

I had one guy taking pictures of my car with his cell phone while driving down the road.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I got a double honk and an engine rev from an orange Lambo last weekend.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Those guys in the Vettes do notice! Congrats on your new ride!

I had one guy taking pictures of my car with his cell phone while driving down the road.
Yeah ,on the way to Evolution last week driving south on the NJ tpk a new yellow Vette pulled along side and the guys girfriend gave the thumbs up sign while the driver was straining to see past her. LOL
He had a nice car too so I gave her the thumbs up sign too.LOL

·
Registered
806 Posts
I've had people come into places I'm eating or just loafing and ask if they could take photos of my Car.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I've had people come into places I'm eating or just loafing and ask if they could take photos of my Car.
I think it's funny when people do that. As if taking pictures of the car will hurt it. :spineyes:

Now if they wanted to take pictures of themselves DRIVING it, that's another story. :domotwak:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had a lady in a minivan pull up next to me and asked in her next life if she could marry me. I thought that was pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
When I was on my way home after the trip to Evolution Performance last fall, I stop at the toll booth in PA to get a ticket and the guy is on the phone and won't hand me the ticket. I here him say "you can't believe what I'm looking at. It's the most beautiful car I have ever seen." :D

I also get a kick out of all the camera phones that come out driving down the road, at stop lights and gas stations.:cool:

Cal

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Thanks, but I don't drink kerosene:ack: , a Miller Lite will do though.:cheers:
You don't have to drink kerosene, but when you want water - just order water.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Wow what is that I smell?Oh yeh sarcasm.LOL.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
You don't have to drink kerosene, but when you want water - just order water.
Holy crap that was harsh Orf. :cowtounge:

Actually I'm the same way...but only after years of transitioning over to stronger beers. I never make fun of those drinking the lighter beers, as I used to all the time. But now that I've been exposed to "bodied" beers and many flavors, I prefer something else.

My favorites are the Hefe's (Schneider Weisse is good) and the wheat beers like Upland Wheat and Bells Oberon as well as some of the fruity beers like Sunset Wheat and Blue Moon, but I also like some of the "borderline" "water" beers like Fosters, Stella Artois, etc. In addition, I can handle a Bass or a Rogue Dead Guy ale on occasion, but keep me away from the really dark (Guinness or Newcastle) or really hoppy (anything IPA or Hopsslam) ones.

Dave

Who's bringing the beer to Shelbyfest for Saturday night?:cowtounge:

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts