Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and how are you? Well, I'm the new kid on the block and I love the @*#$ out of my Shelby. So far I've managed to put over 1300 miles on my car in less than two weeks. Gotta learn to keep my buttocks out of the seat.

Feels great being back into the "MUSTANG" scene. Last mustang was a new 1990 LX 5.0. I recall like yesterday how fast we all thought those cars were then. Wow, the difference today is like night and day!

Well, long story short, I have already turned the "MAD SCIENTIST" loose on my car. Yes, he does have hair growing out of his ears, thick and bushy eyebrows, gray hair, and wears a white coat with pocket protector to work everyday. I can't wait to get it back in about a week - Stay Tuned!

flipmo

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Congrats flipmo and welcome to the forum.

Now that you have us all on the edge of our seats, post pics ASAP!:D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Hi guys and how are you? Well, I'm the new kid on the block and I love the @*#$ out of my Shelby. So far I've managed to put over 1300 miles on my car in less than two weeks. Gotta learn to keep my buttocks out of the seat.

Feels great being back into the "MUSTANG" scene. Last mustang was a new 1990 LX 5.0. I recall like yesterday how fast we all thought those cars were then. Wow, the difference today is like night and day!

Well, long story short, I have already turned the "MAD SCIENTIST" loose on my car. Yes, he does have hair growing out of his ears, thick and bushy eyebrows, gray hair, and wears a white coat with pocket protector to work everyday. I can't wait to get it back in about a week - Stay Tuned!

flipmo

Yes,welcome to the board.What is the mad scientist going to do to your Shelby?

·
Registered
933 Posts
flipmo,

Welcome to the forum.

What was your colour/stripe combo.

Please post your answer in the 'Forum members that received their 2007 Shelby' thread. :)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Welcome again Flip and it was good talking ato you the other day too. I just remembered something. I directions when doing the pulley swap said to make sure the car is completely cooled off like over night cooled off. So it is going to be hard for you to drive down here so I can swap the pulley all in the same day. we are going to have to think up another plan. The reason behind it is because when it is hot the metal expands and therefore makeing it diffacult to remove. And I would hate to damage your ride!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes,welcome to the board.What is the mad scientist going to do to your Shelby?
Hi 07 Shelby. I'm pretty much getting a Stage II ++++ Package. This includes Pulley Swap, Idler, Cold Air Induction, Long Tube Headers, 3" X-Pipe, Upgraded Exhausts, 3.73s, Front and Rear Suspension Completely Redone, Steeda Shifter, Aluminum Driveshaft, Drag Radials, etc..

Should get it back sometime next week.

Stay Tuned.

flip

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome again Flip and it was good talking ato you the other day too. I just remembered something. I directions when doing the pulley swap said to make sure the car is completely cooled off like over night cooled off. So it is going to be hard for you to drive down here so I can swap the pulley all in the same day. we are going to have to think up another plan. The reason behind it is because when it is hot the metal expands and therefore makeing it diffacult to remove. And I would hate to damage your ride!
Thanks anyway JJ; however, I decided that I just couldn't wait any longer. I had been kicking the project around for a while and decided to just drop it off at the shop. Most of this I could have done myself as I have in the past, just this time I didn't want to get dirty and have been busy as *^(%.

The dyno should tell the story. Thanks though. What you been up to? We need to hook up one weekend for a cruise.

flip

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Thanks anyway JJ; however, I decided that I just couldn't wait any longer. I had been kicking the project around for a while and decided to just drop it off at the shop. Most of this I could have done myself as I have in the past, just this time I didn't want to get dirty and have been busy as *^(%.

The dyno should tell the story. Thanks though. What you been up to? We need to hook up one weekend for a cruise.

flip

Flipmo,
Your Shelby doesn't happen to be up here in the Detroit area is it?I was in a speed shop yesterday and I believe I saw your Shelby.:D

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Flipmo,
Your Shelby doesn't happen to be up here in the Detroit area is it?I was in a speed shop yesterday and I believe I saw your Shelby.:D
Alternative Auto?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Flipmo,
Hey 07,

What were you doing in a speed shop? I thought you done with the mods (for now). :p The wife is not going to be very happy with you if you come home with more goodies. LOL :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Hey 07,

What were you doing in a speed shop? I thought you done with the mods (for now). :p The wife is not going to be very happy with you if you come home with more goodies. LOL :D :D :D

I know,I know.My Shelby just needs a new rear gear and pinion.:rolleyes: 3.73 is the mod of the month.She gave me her blessing so I ran to the speed shop before she changed her mind.That's 1 mod I won't do.Better to have someone that does that everyday.:D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Flipmo,
Hey 07 Shelby. Ooooops, the cat is out of the bag! Yes, that's my car. Were they taking good care of it? If I wasn't so dorn busy, I would have done the work myself and took it in for the tune; however, I am swamped.

I talked to them today and everything is coming along pretty good. They did mention a fellow fan and someone I had been talking with on the board asked about the car. I see that was you, Gr8.

Expecting it back sometime next week. And thanks for the recommendation on the driveshaft. I was going back and forth and think I needed it anyway.

flip

·
Registered
861 Posts
Damn flip you went all out in the first bang.....congrats! I plan to eventually do all that same stuff but I am poor:D and need to buy one thing at a time.........yeah went need to hook up some day and just go for a cruzzzzz. If I can keep up. Wow you did it. When are you going to take it down the track? Got to see what the super freak is going to run!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Hey 07 Shelby. Ooooops, the cat is out of the bag! Yes, that's my car. Were they taking good care of it? If I wasn't so dorn busy, I would have done the work myself and took it in for the tune; however, I am swamped.

I talked to them today and everything is coming along pretty good. They did mention a fellow fan and someone I had been talking with on the board asked about the car. I see that was you, Gr8.

Expecting it back sometime next week. And thanks for the recommendation on the driveshaft. I was going back and forth and think I needed it anyway.

flip

Yes, they are taking great care of it.I am glad you are changing the driveshaft.I told them they should talk to you about it.Nice ride.I was checking out all your mods,sweet.You are putting the same headers on I got.You are going to like those.Let us know how you like it and post some pictures.You will not believe how fast and how much torque you'll have.:D It's a little scary at 1st.:D :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, they are taking great care of it.I am glad you are changing the driveshaft.I told them they should talk to you about it.Nice ride.I was checking out all your mods,sweet.You are putting the same headers on I got.You are going to like those.Let us know how you like it and post some pictures.You will not believe how fast and how much torque you'll have.:D It's a little scary at 1st.:D :D
Thanks JJ and 07. Man you just don't know how glad I'll be to get it back. I tell you, I was going back and forward between my current setup or just getting a Kenne Bell Twin-Screw or Whipple setup. I'm going to see what numbers are put down first on the dyno. The shop also stated that this was their first aggressive buildup on the GT500s and they are as excited as I am to see what kind of numbers will be put down. Yet, there is still room to grow as the car is no where near max capability with my bolt-ons. Should be interesting though.

Stay Tuned!

flip

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts