Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post, and a question.... Looking at a new GT500, but my height is a concern. Being 6'-8" and 235 pounds I worry about fit. I'd say between legs and torso, I am balanced. Wondering if any other tall drivers have issues.

Appreciate the help, and the glad to be here.

·
Moderator Dude!
28,388 Posts
First post, and a question.... Looking at a new GT500, but my height is a concern. Being 6'-8" and 235 pounds I worry about fit. I'd say between legs and torso, I am balanced. Wondering if any other tall drivers have issues.

Appreciate the help, and the glad to be here.
Welcome to the forum!

I think you’d be better off with the base seats vs. Recaros since they can adjust up/down. I drove Recaro seat cars at the Vegas event with a helmet on and at 6-1.5, I didn’t have a lot of extra room above my helmet. It might be a good idea to sit in someone’s 2020 GT500 or even a newer GT350 to check headroom before buying. Hopefully it works for you. The 2020 GT500 rocks!

Also, you find our new member area here:

·
Super Moderator
4,792 Posts
X2 on what Goose said -- sit in some before you make your decision. I'm 6'3" and I'd say I just fit in my 2011 when I had it -- I could have used some more legroom but managed a-ok as it was. The dimensions may be, guess most likely??, are somewhat different across the 13-14 GT500, GT350 and new GT500 models.

·
Premium Member
3,888 Posts
Fletch, I thought you were only 5’8”! Funny how none of your pics gave me the reference to view you as taller.
OP, when you say new GT500, do you mean new as in 2020 or a used one that’s new to you? I ask because we had an active forum member on here, @mustang loco, that was a big guy. His name is Pat, and he owned a drop dead gorgeous 2008 (I think) red GT500. I seem to think he was around 6’6” tall and not a slim fella. He now has a beautiful black Terminator, and I tagged him to share his fitting in these cars if your response says you are looking for a new to you 2007-2014 GT500.

·
Moderator Dude!
28,388 Posts
Fletch, I thought you were only 5’8”! Funny how none of your pics gave me the reference to view you as taller.
OP, when you say new GT500, do you mean new as in 2020 or a used one that’s new to you? I ask because we had an active forum member on here, @mustang loco, that was a big guy. His name is Pat, and he owned a drop dead gorgeous 2008 (I think) red GT500. I seem to think he was around 6’6” tall and not a slim fella. He now has a beautiful black Terminator, and I tagged him to share his fitting in these cars if your response says you are looking for a new to you 2007-2014 GT500.
Don’t forget about our prefixes Mike. He selected 2020+ for his thread prefix.

·
Super Moderator
4,792 Posts
I'm huge, Mike! All 6'3" and 200 lbs of me. ;) I've been working out! ;) 😋

·
Premium Member
3,888 Posts
Oops, never mind. However, everything I've read about the new platform is it has more leg room and width than the last gen of Mustangs. Good recommendation to sit in a GT350. Hopefully he could do so without visiting a dealership. Otherwise, a dealership visit would burn some time for the OP.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I’m 6’2+ and 270. As others have mentioned your best bet is to actually try one on. When I was looking for my ‘14 I had the same concern and sat in both Recaro and standard seat equipped GT500’s. I much preferred the standard seats. The Recaro’s were a little too snug for me. The head room has never been a problem but I’m nowhere near 6’8.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts